1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What was your previous car before the Prius c?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by McRose, Mar 18, 2012.

1. wifemomhockeyfan

wifemomhockeyfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    We traded in our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan for our Prius c.

Now we have that and our 2010 Ford Mustang. There is a lot more room in our garage!

2. arlotone

arlotone New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid (and a Honda CR-V before that). When I bought the Civic, its MPG was similar to the Prius, so I didn't even consider the Prius due to aesthetic considerations (ahem).

This time around, I considered the new Civic, Insight, Prius and Prius c, which had just started arriving in showrooms. Setting aside my years of accumulated Honda loyalty, the Prius c was a pretty easy choice. It had the highest city MPG, lowest cost and nicest styling of the four. The only area it fell behind was cargo size, but at least the fold-down seats are an upgrade from the Civic.

Now that I've had the car for a few days, I'm very impressed. Moving from a circa-2004 IMA to a Synergy Drive is as big a technological (and MPG) jump as moving from a gas-only car to the IMA was. With Eco mode, I'm driving in electric-only about 2/3 of the time. My wife drove the car to work for the first time yesterday and averaged 69 MPG over her 12-mile commute.

I have to say, I was happy with my low-key Civic and never understood the explosion in popularity of the Prius ... but now I get it! So here I am, a few years late to the party. :D

3. PriusofDoom

PriusofDoom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My trade in was a 2008 Yaris Hatchback. I intended to keep it until it died, but it had quality control issues at 66k miles that made me doubt its long term reliability. I was able to get 35-42mpg consistently with it, so I'm obviously losing money regardless, but I've had alot of fun with the prius MPG game lol.

4. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    2010 Toyota Tundra - I spent 800 a month on gas vs 500 in truck payments, gonna throw the 1300 against the C and pay it off pronto!

Edit:

On a related comparitive gas mileage note, drove from my house to Kroger and back, and I got 94 mpg...

nearly fainted.

5. meehow09

meehow09 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I traded in my 2012 Hyundai Veloster.

6. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Intresting. We're mpg's that bad?

7. JarOfAlmonds

JarOfAlmonds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I traded in my 2009 Nissan Sentra.

It was a good car except that its mpg's were on the low end for cars of its size and it really didn't like the cold. It would seem to take forever to warm up and the CVT to settle down to normal cruising rpms.

Also it was time for a fun change! :p

8. meehow09

meehow09 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes even after I tried hyper mailing my best, I would only get 34mpg average compared to 65 mpg average now in my Prius C. The dual clutch transmission also jerked a lot.

9. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS

10. bdub

bdub New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just sold my Evo IX. Plus, I'm selling my Tacoma for a Prius C 3. It will be great filling up the Prius instead of my Taco.

11. MICT

MICT New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had a 2012 ford focus, which was avg around 38mpg summer / 34 winter. That went to the wife and we traded in her 2010 mazda 3 so i got the prius and she got the focus. I prefer the focus over the prius, but for just driving to work the mileage of the prius is nice. today was 65 mpg to work, 30 mile ride with avg speed of 50 and hills. Ride home was 52 mpg.

12. elemntofone

elemntofone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I let go of my 2010 Silverado Z71 LTZ. Excited about the MPG.

13. amdnivram

amdnivram New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    USed to drive a 1989 240sx with 12mpg and a 2000 bmw 323i that gave me 22.6 mpg. Loving the new car

14. PriusCbetterthanKia

PriusCbetterthanKia New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    This is my first Toyota PERIOD! I love my Prius C. I traded in my 2010 Kia Soul !. It was getting me around 26MPG city. I am reaping the benefits of a high trade in value for the Soul. I ended up 2K over what I owe, so ended up out the door less than 19k for the C.

Drove it an hour home and I LOVE it. I told my wife we are getting Toyotas from now on. Dealership, experience, and car are GREAT.

15. halcb56

halcb56 HalCB

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    2008 Honda Fit. Very fun car and decent mpg (mid 30s), but I knew I had to test-drive a Prius, and when I did (and realized it wasn't a totally sluggish ride) I started to seriously consider the "C". A great dealership experience (Jim Barkley, Asheville, NC) and less than stellar experiences at several other local dealerships (Honda, Mazda, Ford and Subaru) sealed the deal for me. I got the "Two" model. Only thing I'm missing so far is nice tires/rims and alloy wheels. Has anyone tried to upgrade their tires/wheels yet??

16. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1 person likes this.
  17. PRIIC3

PRIIC3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model: