1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What was your previous car?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Much More Better, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1995' Honda Civic CX Hatchback. At 15 years and 277,000 miles though, sooner than later I knew that I'd have to bit the bullet and trade her in.

Did so two weeks ago on a "certified" "Magnetic Gray" 2008 with just a bit over 30,000, and the electronics package which included the HID lamps and 6 CD changer.

Love the Prius, especially as an old Techie in the engineering field, and am currently getting 53-55 mpg (avg). Added front mud flaps, fitted floor mats, a car cover and a Scangauge so far.

2. gueritababe

gueritababe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had a '96 Geo Prism. It was my first car and I wanted to make sure I got a car that I would love for as many years as I did my Geo. :D

3. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The spectrum of cars in this thread is amazing. From a piece of crap cars to exotics.

As for me, I had...

'03 BMW 330ci convertible - awesome handling, loved the top down, solid engine, but maintenance monster
    '05 Prius II - super reliable, never had an issue, mistake selling it for the BMW

and other cars...

Most of the people that I know also went from "luxury cars" (BMW/Benz/Audi/etc) to a Prius, while some miss the advanced features like turning headlights or other rather useless tech, nobody misses their MPG.

4. tickmark40

tickmark40 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had a 2005 Toyota Avalon. I decided to trade for a Prius because of the gas mileage and the storage. The Avalon was steadily going backward on the mileage even though I had it serviced regularly. The dealer said it was because of the addition of ethanol to our gasoline. I had no idea until I seriously looked at it how much room it has in it
    for passengers and to carry things. My friends and family have also been impressed.
    I love it and I am getting 50.4mpg and getting better everyday.

5. espressoTrae

espressoTrae New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2007 VW GTI

It had a few glitches with the sat radio, A/C and cruise control, so I did have to take it in quite often to have these things repaired or replaced, though it was all under warranty, and thus wasn't costing me anything at that point. Since my warranty was due to expire in around 7 months [they include a four year warranty] I figured that I could consider trading it in to avoid having to pay for things out of pocket when future problems occurred. My car buying tastes changed dramatically in those three years: I used to really be into sport compacts with two doors, but now I care most about good fuel economy, so I went with the Prius. What also sold me on it were the options available on it versus other hybrids, plus my family and I have generally had good luck with Toyotas, reliability-wise [though I have heard great things from others about Hondas in this regard as well].

I was initially worried since it was a bit of a departure from the cars I'd owned previously [the VW GTI and before that a Celica GT-S] and I thought that I'd miss the whole 'two-door' thing, but after having to recently give my friends rides to and from places [three or four people in the car] I'm not complaining about having four doors in the least LOL. I also love the fact that I'm not having to refuel all the time and that even when I do, I don't have to use premium gas like I had to with my former cars :D

6. mikegoldnj

mikegoldnj New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2009 Nissan Altima

7. jsmithy

jsmithy Hypermiler and Freedom Lover

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2007 Honda Accord SE

I wanted a Prius back in 2007, but they were a bit spendy. Got a smokin' deal on the Accord in Chicago.

The Accord was a nice car, but dreadfully boring.

8. nymjk

nymjk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm one of those performance car traders that was mentioned at the opening of the thread: traded in my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 for the Prius. Added benefit here on Long Island is unlimited usage of HOV lanes on the LI Expressway. Couldn't be happier, haven't looked back.

9. tedjohnson

tedjohnson Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    2000 Honda Insight 5 spd, 261,000 miles, LMPG 62 , still running great but for new owner

10. cjm78

cjm78 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Still have a 2003 350z. Looking at getting a 2010 Prius for a daily and take the Z out on weekends.

11. Sushiman58

Sushiman58 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2007 Nissan Xterra, I do miss the beach with the truck but not the gas mileage

Sushi

12. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2009 Subaru Impreza. Today I saw a kind of prius that I've never seen before. It doesn't have the famous hatchback so I was surprised to see that its back says Toyota prius hybrid! Is that one if the early models?

iPhone ?

13. davidtx

davidtx New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine's going up for sale as soon as I can get the CAI, grill and paddle shifters (maybe) off. Of course if I procrastinate long enough, maybe she'll let me keep it. I love the Prius, but really miss the 425 HP.

14. Red Fifty

Red Fifty Red Fifty

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I drove a 1998 Corolla with 172,000 miles. I gave that car to my daughter and bought the Prius II. I've been concerned with the energy and environment issues for a long time. It was time to act on those concerns. I've been very happy with the new car so far.

15. Voltan

Voltan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "Cheap rich bastard?" Well, okay. You must have topped-off with stereotypes today. It is my wife's car. She wanted one and I wanted to get it for her. We've both grown to love it for its design and engineering elegance and efficiency. We had a '99 Toyota Camry we gave to our granddaughter. We had a '99 Lexus GS400 we traded for the Prius. And we have an '04 BMW 545i that I can afford to own but cannot afford to drive, so it languishes in the garage on a Battery Tender, unless Mrs. Voltan is going out in the Prius and I need to use a car.

16. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    2009 Yaris...prior to that, used cars including a 1989 Acura Integra and a 1990 Acura Legend. What an expensive disaster their transmissions ended up being. Super reliable cars otherwise.

17. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That was probably a generation 1 prius. It was a standard sedan before the gen 2 came out as a hatchback.

18. BDunker

BDunker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2007 Mazda CX-7. Loved the car, hated the gas mileage. Plus the added premium fuel. Also, with the Prius I was able to get everything I wanted from the factory for a price I could afford (leather, sunroof, nav)

19. Kennewick Man

Kennewick Man Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2003 bmw z4...............

20. tabanjo

tabanjo Banjo Man

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    2002 PT Cruiser.
    No comparison!
    My '07 Prius gets 50 mpg compared with 23 for the PT;
    Prius is quieter,
    rides smoother and has
    lots of great features like
    smart key,
    blue tooth,
    great audio etc. etc.
    The Prius Navi isn't worth diddley but other than that I love it to death.