1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What will happen to you when you die?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 10, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    dying??? who said anything about dying??

2. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

One thing I know for sure. God Loves [you] and Jesus gave His life for you.

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirGreen @ Apr 10 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]237859[/snapback]</div>
    However, God make not shine so kindly on SirGreen for self-interpreting the Word.

4. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 10 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]237602[/snapback]</div>
    What did Jesus tell the evildoer who hung next to him?:
    Luke 23:43 - "Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise". (Greek - paradeisos - a garden or park)
    Matthew 5:5 - Happy are the mild-tempered, for they shall inherit the earth.
    2 Peter 3:13 - There are a new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting, according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.
    Psalms 37:11 - The meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

If you honestly believe that 70-80 miserable years is all there is to life, you have unfortunately bought into Satan's lie. He would love for everyone to believe they've gotten their money's worth, seen-it-all, done-it-all, been fulfilled, etc. But, for me, the more I see of this earth, the more I want to see. Its a beautiful planet, and 70-80 years will give you but a brief glimpse of what beauties it holds. For one to think that struggling to make a living, under servitude to some corporate mogul, oppresive government, or even a well-meaning car manufacturer is God's "master plan", is just buying into the big lie, IMHO.
    Ecclesiastes 3:11 - Even time indefinite he has put into their heart.
    Psalm 37:29 - the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.
    Romans 6:23 - the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thomas Brock @ Apr 10 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]237604[/snapback]</div>
    Same here. :) At least, that's the plan, which I hope is followed thru to my specifications.

6. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Speaking of death, I just witnessed the most upsetting thing. My husband and I live in an apartment complex and outside our patio there's a rather large open gutter. Anyway, a mom pigeon had a couple of baby pigeons a few weeks ago and the three of them have been living there ever since. Today while we were at work, one of the babies fell out of the gutter and onto the ledge... too far out of our reach to do anything about it. Just a few minutes ago, it fell from the ledge to the ground and died. The mom pigeon is just sitting on the ledge looking down at her dead baby. :( :( :(

7. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

Is "c'est la vie" a real French phrase, or is it just english-adopted-adapted-french, like the name of a movie or 'pepe le pew cartoon french' or something? Can anyone here help explain?

8. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SluggoLovesNancy @ Apr 11 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]238337[/snapback]</div>

(say lah VEE) An expression used to play down some minor disappointment: “So we lost a softball game by twenty-two runs. What can you do; c’est la vie.†From French, meaning “that’s life.â€

9. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead @ Apr 11 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]238339[/snapback]</div>
    [navel gazing mode on]
    Yeah, but it suddenly struck me that it might be one of those stereotyped phrases from another language that you heard as a kid during play or in the movies, when folks were pretending to be from another country. I changed my description above to 'Pepe Le Pew French' cause it sounds cartoonish, and maybe it is not really commonly used by French speaking population.

I do not know, it was a something that popped into my head when I read the thread title, but figured I needed to question since I had not really given it much thought before.
    [navel gazing mode off]

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 11 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]238109[/snapback]</div>
    I like what you said about 'the more I see of Earth, the more I want to see' It's such a wondrous, beautiful place no one will ever run out of things to appreciate. But what make life suddenly miserable just because it ends? Death makes life more precious, not less.

11. mg48

mg48 New Member

My body will be smoked at my request. I don't want a plot on this Earth filled with the remains of my worthless body. Now my spirit that's a different story. I will be in Heaven with my savior Jesus Christ and all the rest of those that beleive that his death on the cross was for their sins. I don't believe because the Bilbe, my parents, or someone at church has told me to. I believe becuase I have experienced the Holy Spirit working in my life and the lifes of those around me through a real personal relationship with the living God.

12. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Apr 12 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]238618[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly! I couldn't see it all in 1,000 lifetimes!

And, catching pneumonia makes feeling good later more precious? Eating rotten food would make us appreciate good food more. Naw, I'm not buying into that flawed logic. I believe that God created us with the desire to live, not to die. Its what keeps people fighting to their very last breath for life. I file that "death makes us appreciate life" stuff under "Demonic Propaganda". Its another way that Satan likes to fool people into thinking that pain, suffering, death, torture, Hell, the Devil himself, or whatever are all part of "God's Mysterious Plan", or accept it as a normal part of life.

13. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 12 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]238705[/snapback]</div>
    The way I look at it. If your going to Heaven than this is hell.
    If your going to hell this is Heaven.

14. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 11 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]237880[/snapback]</div>

I do not know, doesn't seem like much self-interpreting there.

John 3:16 seems to require little interpretation: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I for one strongly feel that that there must something more than this short time we have here on Earth.

15. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 12 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]238705[/snapback]</div>
    but what about those of us whose lives have consisted largely of pain and suffering? are we not a part of god's plan? were we abandoned in our times of need? or what?

noone can explain these things to me.

16. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 12 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]238825[/snapback]</div>
    know what would be an interesting experiment of sorts? if you went and asked a highly respectible/credible priest or something these very questions. Heck, even I'D be curious to see what he/she said...

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even better to be the fly on the wall!

18. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 12 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]238862[/snapback]</div>
    heh.

try getting ahold of one of those guys to begin with... i've been completely blown off more times than i can count.

although yes, what the repsonses would be... now that is intriguing.

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirGreen @ Apr 12 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]238769[/snapback]</div>
    What about this idea? Earth IS the garden of Eden, and we have yet to be banned...

20. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 12 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]238825[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I think I explained most of that in the other "Creationism vs Evolution" thread, so I'm not going to repeat it all here. But, I think the biggest reason you never get a satisfactory answer from most ministers/priests is that they don't want to admit that God is not in control. Somehow, that would be denying that he is the all-powerful creator. But, Jesus himself called Satan the "god of this system of things". Satan even tempted Jesus with all of the earth's kingdoms, if he would do but one act of worship to him. Did Jesus object, and tell Satan that they weren't his to give? No, he didn't, but he later admitted "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one". As I said in the other thread, Satan love's for you to take your frustrations out on God, and blame him for all the earth's suffering, when in fact its all Satan's fault. Most people, including many Christians, won't even admit that Satan exists, which is perhaps his greatest trick. But, I still try to do my part to unmask the slanderer.
    Pain, suffering, and death were NEVER part of "God's plan", and he has been doing everything possible for man to reverse the steps our ancestors took, so that eventually "death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away." (Revelation 21:4)