1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What will happen with all the 2009s?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BH1973, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jfr121

jfr121 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In today's Chicago Tribune Grossinger Toyota North(grossingertoyotanorth.com) had a New 2009 Prius advertised for $19995 Stock #FT90306. Seems like a great deal if it is real. I don't trust any dealer. :mad:

John

2. scooper428

scooper428 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I messaged this to one person on this thread already but figured I would share with everyone. If you are willing to come to the DC metro area, I will be happy to sell you a Prius for invoice plus $217.00 At that price you ahve the option of taking the interest rates available ( 0% for 36 months or 1.9% for up to 60 months) or taking an additional $1000.00 off the price. This is not a hoax. We in the area want to sell out of our 2009's as it has the greatest impact on our allocation of 2010's If we need to talk, you can send me a PM here.

3. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am sitting on the sidelines, waiting to see what will happen to the prices, so that I can acquire the G2 I have long wanted. Just about every dealer does indeed have a full stock of G2s. There are probably a lot more sitting in Long Beach. During last year's gas spike, production ramped up, only to see interest in the Prius flag when fuel prices collapsed. I doubt that Toyota will hobble the G3 rollout just to support existing inventory prices. Fuel prices are likely to stay depressed for a year or so. The way other things in our economy seem to get very undervalued for a while after a bubble bursts, so will it be with G2 prices. Also, the urban legends about Prii having expensive battery or other troubles persist in the mind of Joe the Plumber and his ilk, even though these have been amply demonstrated to be untrue. Used G2 prices may well stage a comeback later on, after the 2009 backlogs are resolved and the G3 finds high demand.

4. cardinalred

cardinalred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    An ad came out in today's paper for a 2009 for $19,999 at a not far away dealer. I believe it stated: '$2250 dealer discount and $750 Factory discount." Tough to turn down, but I am excited about all the 2010 new features so will continue with my order, unless the prices are outrageous.

5. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a straw in the wind. This ad is from today's Philadelphia Craig's List. That dealer's web site shows "only" 28 Prii in stock. With that kind of excess of supply over demand, the discounts now being offered are laughable. In this region, Cars.com still has lots of used Prii advertised at prices higher than the dealers quotations on comparable new ones. A lot of people with Prii to sell are riding for a fall!

Attached Files:

6. pr0230

pr0230 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I had the same experience at the Toyota dealership in Cherry Hill , NJ. stuck up bitc-hes , even though they were guys. There were also 7 Prius's in the lot. Not a big dealership. I think you will only see the deals WHEN the 2010's are on the lot... no need to be hasty.

7. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Wow, what an INCREDABLE offer! Will my new Prius also arrive upside down?

With such a poor attention to detail, is there any wonder why this guy has the most on his lot? (When I got mine in the Phila. area in February, the dealer had 4 or 5 on the lot)

8. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Yep, values of ALL Gen2 cars will fall as soon as the 2010's arrive in dealers and are on the road. The deals on offer now will be even better at this stage as dealers will be desperate to shift new Gen2 cars.

We have that oddity here in the UK - some low mileage 1 year old cars are being sold for more than the cost of new cars with all the great deals on offer from dealers. Its a mad situation that won't last for long. The market will soon adjust.

9. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Another issue is that there will be a glut of used Gen II Priuses once the Prius enthusiasts ditch their Gen II for the 2010 Prius. Trade-in values on Gen II is going to hit rock bottom, and you can pick up a used Gen II for bargain prices!