1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What would a Prius Driver Training Curriculum look like?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Braddles.au, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    It seemed somewhat inactive at the time I was researching and purchasing my c (Jul/Aug). There's also a Toyota Owner's Club, but they seemed even less active in their Prius section. Actually I never checked up on either of them again... just came to PC and it filled what I was looking for. :cool:

Watching this thread as a colleague just came up to me during the week wanting to confirm the rumour that I was a Prius owner as he's thinking of getting a liftback... and so it began.

2. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think the quickest way to show someone the benefits of a Prius is to have them just get in and drive a loop. Note the mpgs. Then give them a quick course 1-2 minutes on the HSI and a few driving tips ... keep it simple. Then drive the same loop and coach them along the way, like Wayne. DON'T over complicate things or get into too much detail. I find that just telling them to re-step on the gas pedal and not rev the engine as high is pretty simple.

When they have completed the loop again, there should be a drastic difference in the mpgs. Usually when they do the first loop, they get about mid 40s, after the second loop, they are usually around 60 mpgs. Once you have proven to them that with some modifications to their driving style can result in much higher mpgs, then I would get into a more formal curriculum.