1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by uclabruins, Jul 14, 2006.

1. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Take the car... if you want stickers they are going fast, and you never know what the other dealer will try to pull.

I just got stickers #667xx BTW.

2. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Just the shipping costs alone should raise the price your $400 soon with the oil prices climbing.

When I ordered my car there were about 3 price increases before I got it. Luckily I ordered early back when Toyota was willing to rebate the increases.

3. wishes

wishes New Member

Here's a little story:

I HAD the car I wanted back in feb. I sat in it and drove it a little but I opted to go for the "better deal" at another dealership for about 600 less than the first dealership. I didn't mind waiting because at the time 1) I had a working car that could take me where I needed to go and 2) I could use that time to save money to buy the car.

Dealer 2 ended up lying to me and never tried to get my car. It's been over 4 months and I found another dealer who was able to locate it me (dealer 2 could have, but chose not to because they didn't want to sell it to me for so much less).

I'm now spending $1300 over what dealer 2 promised and $700 over dealer 1 because I decided to try and save money.

$400 IS a lot of money, but it's money spent putting your mind at ease that you won't be sitting carless for weeks or months. I'm not saying your dealer b is DEFINITELY lying, but you never know. And not knowing is a GREAT PAIN.

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Too bad the OP never came back to tell us what he decided. I hate it when there's no closure...

5. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uclabruins @ Jul 14 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]286536[/snapback]</div>
    Take the deal now...I agree with some of the last few posts...You never know if dealer B is being straight with you...He is holding that carrot in front of you teasing you with what he now knows you want...a better deal...See if dealer A will honor the AAA discount...Tell him he has to do SOMETHING to make you feel good about accepting his deal. Who knows he may knock off $100 and you would take it in a heartbeat.

6. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

7. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please see the first post...I updated the story. Thanks everyone for giving me their wonderful opinions. This forum has been great. About a year and a half ago, I was set on buying an Infiniti G35 coupe manual because I loved that car (car before Prius was a BMW 325is coupe), but what do you know...ended up changing my mind and buying the Prius!

One of the best things is that the Prius uses 87 octane gas and my BMW required 92, so right there, I'm saving almost 20 cents a gallon here in Los Angeles, not to mention the Prius should get nearly double the gas mileage as my BMW.

Cheers all!

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uclabruins @ Jul 14 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]286536[/snapback]</div>
    If you've bought the car and have a VIN number, you could purchase a personalized license plate online, pay for it online and then order the HOV stickers. Cost more for personalized plates but might speed up the process. That's what I did. I bought them the night I brought the car home and ordered the stickers as soon as they confirmed my plate. I got the stickers after the regular plate but before the personalized plate arrived.

9. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 16 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]287427[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the great idea. I'll look into it.