1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What would you do??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tombukt2, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Why wouldn't they A legitimate VIN number to a legitimate car that's a well-known model etc so on and so forth and I have an accident with somebody back into somebody in the Walmart parking lot exchange information and off we go I mean yeah I did this with a Corolla a few years ago and I can't remember what happened at an accident in the parking lot or something and basically what we're talking about here nothing happened they filed a claim against my insurance because I did back into them and they got their bumper cover fixed least that's what USAA said and they don't care anything about my car they just know the VIN that they ran was the one that they have on file and whoops we got to pay.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    But to answer your question yes I have four generation twos now three or road ready One is the parts car and then we have two generation 3s. The generation threes are going to be run on out into the ground or whatever and then no more of those so I'll need two more generation twos to replace the two generation 3s when they croak.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Because if you hurt someone they are going to sue the F out of you and your insurance company. The lawyers will find out everything and the insurance company will leave you to hang. Even if the accident wasn't your fault, the injured persons lawyers will hang you out to dry because they will push the fact that you and your car should have NEVER even been on the road. After growing up with 2 parents in the insurance and insurance consulting business for 30 years, experience has shown this happening is pretty much a FACT, and it has only gotten worse over the years.

You opened the thread with the title "What would you do?"
    You've been told, but choose to pretty much ignore the advice given.
    Do what you want, you're an adult. Good luck with it and please don't be in an accident with me or a family member.

4. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is what I expect too. Insurance companies will use every possible method to not pay for a claim. If there is anything even slightly dubious in the vehicle's ownership or registration they will use it to deny the claim. I don't even want to think about the mess that would result from being in an accident in a car bearing another vehicles license plate.