1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What would YOU do?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Let's say, you were run into corner by a man with a gun, and the only way you could survive, was by either submitting to his demands, or fighting dirty, and punching him in the nuts as hard as you could.

What would you do?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Punching someone in the groin who's trying to do you harm is not dirty fighting...it's logical self-defense taking advantage of one of the most sensitive of vulnerable attack points.

That said, you didn't specify the demand. If it's for money or something stupid like that I'll give him the money, no need to die for a few bucks.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been established that a sharp kick to the shins inflicts far more pain than a shot to the groin due to the relatively thin layer of "padding" between skin and bone, and the number of nerves in the area.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Well I was mugged once. I don't know if they guy had a gun or not but likely not. The grip on my neck from behind was enough. He demanded my purse and my instincts said OK! and off he ran with it, and with me safe. So I think I did the right thing in that instance. But as was said earlier, it depends on the circumstance.

They say that if someone tries to force you to go to another location, that is the worst thing you can do. That is definitely an occasion for fighting back & yelling for help.

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 23 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]428774[/snapback]</div>
    There is no such thing as "fighting dirty" in the real world.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Rules? There are no rules in a knife fight!
    [​IMG]

7. Mystery Squid

Then, guess what, most of you would resort to terrorist tactics.

This is precisely what's going on today, particularly regarding the Palestinian/Israeli situation. What do YOU do, when confronted by the man with the gun, the man with the power, the COUNTRY with the power, when you have nothing. Nothing to lose.

"Morality" is easily defined by he who holds the bigger gun.

[​IMG]

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 23 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]428820[/snapback]</div>
    Your scenario omits a crucial point concerning the creation of Israel. In that it was founded with the greatest possible political and legal legitimacy of any nation in the world today. I'm not saying "the" greatest, although it may be but certainly one of the top amongst nations today. It was approved by the United Nations General Assembly and included within it a sovereign Palestinian state, which before this time had not existed at all.

So keeping with your scenario and looking back through history we note that Israel and the Jews are the ones often backed into the corner with their very existence at stake. As was the case during their creation in 1947-48 when Arab armies came once again to wipe Israel and the Jews from existence.

BTW, Israel has never held the bigger gun, but it has fought the threat of genocide on numerous occasions greatly outnumbered and out gunned. A very large motivating and legitimate factor wouldn’t you say?

Wildkow

p.s. Although a vote was held in 98-99 to remove "Destruction of Israel" and other offending statements in the Palestinian Charter to this day those statements still remain.

9. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 24 2007, 01:42 AM) [snapback]428878[/snapback]</div>
    No? Then where's the Palestinian Air Force? Where are the Palestinian nuke silos?

True, but it does not justify a final solution to their Palestinian problem does it? You have a group of people slowly being pushed into non-existence, they're going to resort to any and all tactics, as we've already seen.

Jimmy Carter has it right when it comes to this conflict, that has managed to consume most of the western world, is the direct cause of 9/11, and continuing threat to the U.S..

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2007, 08:53 AM) [snapback]428930[/snapback]</div>
    Do you ever tire of the anti-Semetism coursing through your veins?

First, jhimmy carter has never been right - and his new book is wrong so many times people are leaving him right and left.

second - name a palestinain peace movement - israel has a large one

third - palestinain nuke silos? your friends the iranians are building them

fourth - what is a palestinian - when did they originate?

fifth - what concessions for peace have the palestinians ever made?

sixth - with the tens of billions of dollars the palestinians have received over the past years what have they done with it?

fighting dirty -seems like the only people fighting dirty here are the palestinians who send women and children to blow themselves up in pizzarias and shopping malls. name one israeli suicide bomber? and if israel wanted to use overwhelming force it could tomorrow and end this problem forever.

i am getting tired of your continued ranting and raving against a very small country with a very small population that you seem to think is enslaving or torturing a people who outnumber them 100:1 and have not only much more land but all the natural resources too. drop it . focus on something more real for you - like skinheads, desecrating a synagogue or something....

11. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 23 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]428820[/snapback]</div>
    Squid, you're making a pretty damn big leap here. Translating someone's attempts at self defense from a mugging to terrorism is quite the stretch.

But going with it you're right... That is whats going on today, and we do label it terrorist tactics. Take Iraq, for example. The US went in as an aggressor nation, seized control from the people, set up a government, all with the goal of controlling their oil (in other words, money). The people of Iraq are fighting back, and fighting dirty...

Just another view on things...

12. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 24 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]428940[/snapback]</div>

BS, get a grip. Those who DARE question our ties to Israel are NOT anti-semitic. What you're doing is the equivalent of calling a protester of the current war and administration thereof "Anti-American".

13. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Have you read any of his other posts? All but he and a select few other mmmerikuns are not only anti-American, but also pose the greatest threat to this great nation. Any and all who disagree with him on any level are "liberals," "terrorist sypathizers," "anti-semites," and a host of other unsavory characters.

I would go one step further, though:

If you don't publicly (and loudly) vocalize your blind, unwavering support for all that the US does, oh, and of course your allegiance to God (not the Muslim one though, despite what religious scholars would brainwash you into believing, the ibrahimic religions do no all worship the same god). We don't have room in this nation for any non-believers in the one true god. All they do is "embolden" (always reminds me of the simpsons episode that uses the term embiggen) the terrorists.

Lastly, in order to be a true patriot, one should wear a red, white, and blue suit (a la Uncle Sam), plaster ones car with flags and listen to country (patriotic, none of that treasonous dixie chicks trash) music- of course only when o'reilly or savage are on break.

Only after taking these steps can one even attempt to join the ranks of the true patriots.

Until next time- Gawd bless mmmurika that we may destroy everyone else.

14. Mystery Squid

You know, I have the PERFECT idea to solve the whole Israeli/Palestinian conflict!

Ok, ready?

Here it is:

Gather 10,000 of best Arab/Palestinian fighters, and 10,000 of the best Israeli fighters, issue each one sword, and one dagger.

Place each at opposing sides of a really big field approved in location, by the UN, and let them go at it.

Last nationality standing takes the holy land.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 23 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]428774[/snapback]</div>
    i would not kill his sister or brother or parents - if that is where you are heading with this obsceeene attempt at connecting this to the arab-israeli conflict. seems like you have david and goliath backwards - as usual. do you ever tire of this?

there is a huge difference between fighting dirty and murder - one that you obscure conveniently to suit your own warped sense of constructs here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]428945[/snapback]</div>
    your same defense over and over again. do you tire of this drivel?

lets see - you want to establish ties with countries that have and continue to want to kill us like syria, iran... you little pelosi you - save for the fact that she supports israel's right to exist - i think :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2007, 09:59 AM) [snapback]428954[/snapback]</div>
    I am now assuming you want to follow your fellow anti-semites and make believe that the UN vote to establish the State of Israel never happened? Do you ever sit down and think about all your false constructs? but i would take that deal in a heartbeat - would your proposal mean we get the entire middle east and the oil? i mean palestinians are arabs aren't they - you never did answer my questions you little anti - israel guy you. tell me - what is a palestinian, when did they come into existance, what is their ancestry, what is their history, what great things have they done for mankind, how have they bettered life, what great advances in economics or medicine or physicis or nuclear technology have they brought forth, what are the known for in terms of the economic might, what do they produce, what do they export, who are some of their most famous people, name one or two noble prize winners in lets say medicine, economics, science....... i am waiting........

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 24 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]428957[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely not.

I"m must being rational here. 9/11, the current conflict, the angst of the Arab world, and a map as such above, make you want to take a moment, and find out just what in the world millions upon millions of Arabs are pissed off at. Just how IRRATIONAL is this?

Look at that map. What possible good reason is there for that? You have one well armed group, essentially, attempting to get rid of another, lesser armed group. Is it REALLY a surprise they're going to resort to terrorist tactics as such?

...and on top of that, Israel has the big bomb, what do they need us for at this point? Moral support? They've established their State, have the nukes and military to protect it. Didn't they beat everyone back with their big stick back in '67? Why precisely are we tied to them anyway?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 24 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]428957[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, just the bragging rights for the Holy Land.

Since you'll take that deal, let's get this idea into the hands of the right people. It would actually be nice to solve this problem in my lifetime, instead of a few hundred more years of going back and fourth, global terrorism, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 24 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]428957[/snapback]</div>
    Kind of hard to do when you have to fight for your existence first... Let's see, stop that bulldozer from destroying my house, or read up on the latest stem cell advances?

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm, i know a lady who teaches this stuff to other women and the groin is not recommended and "manners" has nothing to do with it.

now in any situation, opportunity is the key, but if available, things to do in order

1) punch to adam's apple... most vunerable spot

2) flat palm thrust to solar plexus. not quite like Berlin had in mind... but it will definitely "take their breath away"

problems with the groin is that it is not as easy a target to hit as you might think. they do hang loosely and therefore its possible that you would miss, plus when using the knee (which has about half the range of your hand) you must get much closer (which might be the case anyway)

18. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]428964[/snapback]</div>

you obfuscate, evade, avoid - you are not anti-israel - you are anti-semetic

i am still waiting for your take on the palestinian questions i offered up - your answer is WORTHLESS. jews have been fighting for our existance for 5000 years - yet i can name our accomplishments, our nobel prize winners for you, i can point to israels economic might, our history as a people..... now you try it. tell me all you know about the palestinian people - when did they originate, their highlights, their most notable people, their contributions to mankink - common bro - its not like 6,000,000 of them were thrown in ovens, not like they were kicked out of a country, not like they were enslaved by worlds powers ----- i am waiting you little anti-israel guy you. . . one or two paragraphs will be fine...............

19. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 24 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]428996[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like you're, no wait, you ARE placing value on human life according to accomplishments. Why not execute bums, mentally ill, useless kids who play too much video games too, as they don't contribute to mankind either.

Your post is truly remarkably ugly dbermanmd, and it's just this sort of thing, that hate groups use to justify their positions.

You go on and on about kicked out of countries and such, well if that's the case, what the hell are you waiting for, finish off the map, nuke Iran first, and start shaking the Israeli finger at anyone who dare oppose you. You've got the nukes, the military, and the pent up angst, to pull it off, what are you waiting for!

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]429006[/snapback]</div>
    just answer my question about the history of the palestinian people please - simple.

any person can trace the history of the Jews back almost 6,000 years - our highlights our lowlights our accomplishments, our notable people, our contributions to mankind to science to medicine, etc.

now do the same for the Palestinian people.....

no hate here - just in search of facts...