1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What would you have bought if not a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by harold, Jul 25, 2013.

1. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Fiat 500 rag top.

2. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not overrated. Ford Motor Company flat out lied and stuck their bogus figure on the sticker MSRP. Then they said that they never actually tested the mileage? Wth? lying sacks... And if Ford now says the car will get 40/45 figure you will get 5mpg less on city/highway. BTW Ford motor company is in a class action lawsuit with the 32,000 customers that they lied to. errr i mean "overrated." Got to hand it to Ford. Henry (ford) is probably turning over in his grave as we speak.

3. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i looked at a Lamborghini huracan, Ferrari Enzo and Porsche 998 - decided the fuel economy sucked and i couldn't afford the insurance, so i bought a Prius liftback with package 3.

Now i can drive in the carpool lane on the 405 fwy doing 63mph and piss everyone off. The Prius is the perfect car for that. :)

4. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Resale value on Ford products and the Fusion - probably soft. My Friend has a 2013 Fusion with the ecoboost engine. she brought it New from the Ford dealer. I went to the Toyota dealer and the dealer said they could give her $11k for the car on a trade. Seemed kind of low, so we walked.

5. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So does that reflect on the car or the Dealer Dogs?

You know who the least trusted, the least believable 'profession' there is when they run surveys?

The source for used car value is KBB and nada. What do you expect from a used car manager?
    A fair price?

6. alabamajones

alabamajones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i guess a land rover freelander 2 diesel

7. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    yes somewha
    somewhat true, however i called Galpin motors up today and spoke to Mike, and he was pretty honest with me over the phone how it all went down along with values. So yes some chicanery in the business and they are just looking to turn a profit on the car. The less they pay the more they make. I know, i sold cars earlier in life.

8. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not so sure Henry Ford would be turning over in his grave, he was not the most ethical person, and was not liked but feared.

Greg75 and CapeAnn like this.
  9. CapeAnn

CapeAnn Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had been thinking seriously about a Ford CMax, but the true MPG and company ethos turned me off. The other car I was seriously considering was a 2014 Mazda 3 liftback. Glad that I went first to the Toyota dealer yesterday! While, I don't get too excited about cars in general - I do look forward to picking the Pri up this Weds and learning how to use all those cool doo-dads. It's like unwrapping a new Macbook Pro loaded with the best APPS. :)

BluetoothEdsel likes this.
  10. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If I knew ahead of time that my 2010 Prius would have depreciated $4k when I bought it used at a great price two years ago, I would have never sold my 2007 Tacoma truck that went up $3k in value.

Technigogo likes this.
  11. Centurian

Centurian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Kia Soul... cute practical affordable car but no cruise with MT and I despise automatics.

Never really considered the prius, was aware of the synergy drive from some prior research. Never owned an automatic that lasted long and with the 6sp units shifting constantly I don't have high hopes. Most of the 6s manual options I checked lacked cruise.... tried the prius after driving a corolla and a camry and was impressed overall and like the reliability outlook!

12. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I travel for work now...so it was the Prius...or the new Honda Accord Hybrid.

13. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Whatever it would have been, I had decided long ago it must get 30 mpg minimum. I did not expect to almost double that!

SCH-I545 ?

14. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Considered a Volt in early 2012 but still had a bad taste in my mouth from a blown head gasket in our 2003 Pontiac Montana van at exactly 3 years of ownership ( end of warranty ). In all honesty I knew about the well documented weakness of the GM V6 going in but I reasoned that GM would not willingly sell a defective product. And, I thought I had at least a chance of getting the random " good " one.

I tried to put deposit on a PIP at the local dealership but they were not interested.

So, I went on line and found a deal on our present Prius. We saw it for the first time the day we drove it home. No regrets at all. We have been very satisfied for over 2 years now.

15. Cjeigh

Cjeigh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ford Focus
    Honda of some sort

16. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First choice was a 2004 honda insight. 2nd. Prius. 3rd Honda civic hybrid 3rd. Toyota supra

iPhone ?

17. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I was in the market for a newer car, I was all over the map. :confused:

Since I was a longtime owner of a GMC Envoy (2002), I wanted a newer Envoy, maybe even an Envoy Denali with the 5.3l v8. I decided against that very quickly however.

Aside from that, I really liked the newest version of the Focus (2012+) and the last generation Ford Fusion. But once I test drove a Prius, I was sold and have never looked back!

18. deanerick

deanerick New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

lol, 2-3 months.

i recently read someone from seattle call their weather as having pre-winter, winter, post-winter climate for 9 months. nd and mn (which i grew up in) would fair much worse in that description! just say 9 months of winter, 1 spring, 1 summer, 1 fall!

retired4999 likes this.
  19. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I was originally interested in a very attractive, promotional lease deal for a Honda Fit plug-in. Unfortunately, HOA only offered it to people with residences in specific states. I tried to argue that I live in PA, but am a few minutes from the border of NJ - one of their allowed states. They still said, "No."

I then thought about a Ford Fusion hybrid, but realized it was too large.

Eventually I started looking at the Prius after a co-worker told me how much her son loved his. After I located a dealer with the exact one I wanted. We discussed the price, and I was set. Scheduled a test drive, went inside and signed the paperwork.

20. 70AARCUDA

70AARCUDA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ...ANYTHING except another GM-product, and especially NOT another Chevrolet Cruze (wink,wink)!

...actually, the wife was eyeing a FIAT 500L.