1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What wouldn't I like about a 2019 Prime, as compared to my '13 PIP?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by spudnut, Sep 24, 2020.

1. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My firm offer for the '19 Prime (I had a cashier's check for 25 K in my pocket, my best out the door offer, they wanted nearly 3 K more, in total) was refused, so I am bowing out of the deal.

I do have a renewed appreciation for my '13 PIP, and just ordered another charger for my workplace, (my crane yard) as the last several years I only charge at home, I will start charging both places now, at both ends of my commute. Leaving both chargers more or less permanently plugged in and not having to deal with moving a single one twice a day is just more convenient, call me lazy! My crane shed is also grid tied solar, and the last 3 years I have achieved a nice balance of production V. consumption (in floor radiant heat with an electric boiler) resulting in no power bill except for the monthly 5 buck connection fee. Charging the PIP daily before heading up the mountain home will upset that apple cart. I may have to pay a little for my heat, while my car charges for free, or the other way around, chump change either way and a write off. As my commute is only 13 miles, this will reduce my already miniscule fuel burn even more, and I'm putting the 25 K back in my savings for the time being. I am also looking into a lift kit for the PIP, and may even wash it, as it looks like I'll keep it a while longer.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, a penny saved is a penny earned. But in this case, it is much bigger than a penny. Invested well, it will be worth several times more than $27K used PP. I am sure there will be a better opportunity again.

pghyndman and spudnut like this.