1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What you don't like about your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by txl146, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Zack

Zack New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    1. Cheap looking interior, hard plastic everywhere
    2. NAV that can't be used while car is moving
    3. Uncomfortable seats
    4. Small car - big price

2. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Tideland!!!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    np

1. disagree/agree.
    2. agree
    3. somewhat agree (Camry ones are nicer but it is a bigger seat) but the 3rd Gen seats are much better than the 2nd Gen
    4. It's a midsize car :confused:. Small on the outside = easy to park/manoeuvre, big on the inside so you're not cramped. Legroom rivals the Camry. (except 2012).

4. Maakjar

Maakjar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The 4 second delay of the Bluetooth when you answer a call and the cheap seats after 60k it's very tiresome

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's really nothing I don't like about my Prius. It's not perfect. There's little things like a power seat, little more adjustment on steering wheel that would sweeten the pot, but I don't mind.

The car is so darn smooth, so quiet and comfortable that I'm pretty much loving it. I'll pull into the garage and say, man I just love this car! That's a good sign!

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure if the new Prius has an instantaneous MPG gauge, but my Fit has one and it really helps eke a bit more mileage out of the car.

I also like how I can use all of the NAV features when the car is in motion.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, instantaneous 0 to 100 MPG scale and the 1 minute / 5 minute MPG bar graph nice too.

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  9. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you have a Nav and have not updated the DVD, then an updated DVD has reduced this delay time. Mine was 2 seconds, not 4 secs.

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't like all the rock chips I have accumulated. Grrr

I was driving on my morning commute this morning and thinking to myself how much I still love this car. It just need a new paint job. lol

11. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd love to see the car's stellar MPG coupled with a bigger tank to increase overall range. We still wind up filling up an average of once every 8 days. (we drive 25k+ a year)

12. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    As mentioned in another post it does have it - but in the Prius instantaneous MPG has less meaning than in a conventional drivetrain car. When you are driving at constant speed (e.g. say on the highway) instantenous MPG tells you exactly how much you are consuming. But in city or suburban/countryside driving, where the electricm motor is used much more, the average MPG represents better the actual fuel consumption, since what you use of fuel at a specific point in time, might be converted into energy in the battery or directly to the electric motor which the instantenous MPG indicator cannot show (i.e. it might be that the MPG is "high" in a certain time frame, but that extra fuel is not wasted as much as in a normal car, and will be offset by the usage of the saved current later in the drive).

Sorry - an easy joke: you should drive less!! :) but I understand your point.
    Though: 1) a bigger tank means extra weight (tank itself and fuel), hence possibly an MPG hit;
    2) the Prius is designed for the world market like many other cars, and in many countries the Prius tank capacity is plenty. I commute each day about 35km/22mi and I fuel up about once a month as I manage about 700-800km/435-500mi per tank - you can criss-cross a country the size of Germany. Also gas stations are closer together - you can find one every 30-60km/20-40mi depending on location/road. Of all the people I know here in Germany and Italy and elsewhere in Europe, nobody ever complained about the tank of their cars being too small, as driven distances, on average, are shorter.

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some of us have ridiculously long commutes so a larger tank would be nice. The Jetta and Golf have huge tanks and often get 700-800 miles to a tank while still getting 45-50mpg on the highway.

14. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Probably not much I can do about this since i"m 6'2", but I keep rubbing my shoe on the driver's side door down by the speaker whenever I get out. Try and be careful but sometimes I forget. Anyone else have scuff marks around this area?

15. BayAreaPrius11

BayAreaPrius11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am getting condensation in both headlight lenses and the dealer is telling me that this is happening because the headlights in the 2011's are not sealed...which i find very odd.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sealed or just not sealed very well? lol. Condensation could happen though I haven't seen it in a very long time. If there's a lot of water, I'd be concerned.

17. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  18. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yup.

We drive a Prius *because* we have to drive so much. Having a few gallons larger tank would be a nice perk and I doubt it would hurt MPG that much overall. (I'm not asking for a 40 gal. tank)

Just my opinion.

19. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  20. BayAreaPrius11

BayAreaPrius11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The dealer took photos of the condensation and(as they tell me) took the issue to "Tech Systems". Tech Systems says the condensation is normal because the headlamps are not a "sealed system".

Ive only had my prius for 3 days and I am not happy with this.
    On a separate note the factory radio is awful.