1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

whats the best way to run 110V (and I guess might as well pull some USB etc) into car?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by The Big Sleaze, Feb 8, 2022.

1. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I'm setting up my Prime as mobile office to use big monitor and PCs with 110V (click my handle for pics) and looking for better way to get outside 110V cord into passenger compartment.

I'm thinking through the rear bumper underneath plastic and leave a short 3 prong dangling or up in a little clip. That would then be an extension cord that would be more or less left in place and the stuff left plugged in.

Any other ideas?

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The best way would be to switch to USB-PD. Running a laptop and portable monitor from a battery-bank (some of which are getting surprisingly large now) is no big deal.

3. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I'm also planning to run a one burner portable stove element and/or fridge/freezer, and I've already got a "household" 32" monitor I'm going to install and might even get into BitCoin Mining etc. I guess I might run TWO burly 110v cords.

Also, can anyone link me to a 50ft extension cord I can use to charge the Prime, even if its at lower 8amps?

I wanna keep the stuff in the car fairly cheap and use the laptops and screens I've already got, in case of auto-break in.

4. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    You may want to consider this:

Marinco On-Board Charging Inlet

5. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    cool, thx, just ordered

I guess should be OK on any of the black plastic tubs I had to R&R to fit tow hitch, maybe glue in some thin plywood to give more strength.

Not sure why but also want to run USB cables for charging or running extra lights or something out the rear of Prius so looking for a weather proof screw cap or something. Maybe I'll just cut hole under in the black plastic tubs and install an inverted empty plastic jam jar with screw lid.