1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the different between 2010 package IV and V?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by vicky, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Ridder

Ridder Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well....I guess I don't have JBL in my car then. No sub.

BTW: Today I have the Prius for exactly a year! (y)

2. BrianPB

BrianPB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Since the OP doesn't have her location in her profile, I just wanted to be clear. No harm in that. :)

3. BrianPB

BrianPB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe that the rain repellant is a coating on the glass from the factory that is applied to the windshield and front side windows. It is similar to Rain-x in that is causes water to bead.

4. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    I have been putting rain-x on all the cars I've owned since highschool. The stuff is a miracle and I love that it lasts a few months + relatively cheap product to use (I also tried rain-x wipers and washer fluid with good results. I've put it on all the glass of my Prius include the mirrors and they definitely do keep a LOT cleaner. Esp. during the winter months when there is no shortage of truck spray and salt.

I've worked in a detailing shop for Lexus and apparently, the front windows (or all windows) of a lot of the models have this water repellency coating. I didn't find those factory coatings actually any better than rain-x so it really makes me wonder of the oem coating is hype. Regarding durability, our department was not warned and there were no instructions that mentioned anything about not using a razor the windows with this coating. Our team frequently used steel wool on all the windows to just remove all the fallout / dirt in preparation for customer delivery.

Attached Files:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Yeah there isn't anything (IIRC) in the Prius owner's manual about taking care of the water repellent windows. In 2009 with the new 3G Prius owners, we had to scour the Lexus owners' manuals for care and maintenance. (It also didn't say anything about not using a razor on the windows).

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hey this is cool, based on the pdf... I have a prius iv not a iii

jbl, nav, heated leather seats, felt pillar covers, plasma cluster, usb port...no sunroof