1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whats the latest Favorite Android upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by longdrive352, Sep 15, 2018.

1. longdrive352

longdrive352 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Everybody,

I bought a 2010 Prius II this week. Its a HUGE improvement over my old 98 civic HX, tech wise. However, I'm finding myself wanting MORE. LOL.

I am going to upgrade the head unit to one of the Android based units that provides the very Prius-like bezel and looks factory. I'm looking at the Android 8.0 models. I see a TON of units being mentioned in the past...but being such a time sensitive item, I'm wondering if there is a latest favorite.

My Toyota installed Bluetooth cuts my music off for several seconds literally EVERY TIME I even open my phone or hit the home button, or start an app...even if none of these things have ANYTHING to do with Bluetooth. Its very frustrating.

Bluetooth, GPS, and backup camera are the primary goals for the new unit.

Bluetooth: Is there a way to swap out the steering wheel controls that include the Bluetooth functions found on the upper trim levels ? I'd like to do it the most cost effective way, if its possible at all. I like to think (assume) that Toyota uses the same wiring harness for all trims and you'd only really have to change out components or even just switch panels.

Backup camera: Is there a favorite camera module that ppl are using, or is a factory unit being successfully used ?

Thank you for any suggestions/information. I've read so many posts about Android units, and have really liked what I'm seeing....but I wish there was a sticky thread that just kept everybody up to date with the latest and favorite version.

LD

2. canserman

canserman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd recommend a HU supporting android auto and car play. Like Sony ax200 or some pioneer ones. Much better option than some android HU. You don't need to worries about system upgrade or app compatibility for the HU.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.