1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the Mid-Atlantic Toyota Region First Factory Order Date?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Fastronaut, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not one single dealer in Maryland seems to have any idea when a factory order can be submitted within the Mid-Atlantic Region. With Prius v's coming in around the country (not here yet), this is sort of strange. :flypig:

2. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fitzgerald Automall in Gaithersburg has the Prius V in stock when I looked last week.

3. Pfcardwell

Pfcardwell New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It is in St. Louis today at Seeger

4. Pfcardwell

Pfcardwell New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Like the inside. Think they raised the drive side arm rest. Had two, one sold before I left the lot.

5. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, there are several at dealerships in Maryland; however, My desired combination of color/trrim/options isn't around. I need to order one, but nobody has information on when a factory order can be accepted.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

You can never really place an order for any Toyota and then they build it for you... The dealership would have to be told what you want and then they look in the system for one either being made soon or one going to another close by dealer the way you want it and trade for it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealers here still talk about receiving an "Allocation" to submit a factory order. They don't refer to finding a vehicle, but specifically state once they get a factory allocation, they will order the vehicle to my specifications.

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That's fine but keep in mind it isn't a technical order made to Toyota with your specifications and then they build the vehicle for just you... That's the point I wanted to make. And if they wanted to do some legwork they could call around/search their computers and try and find one and negotiate to trade etc for it if another dealer was allocated the one you wanted.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scooters

Scooters New Member

As an example, we just bought a Venza. We're in the Gulf States area, so we get a bunch of their add-ons (a.k.a. crap). The dealer searched the database for the upcoming month and found the key factory stuff I wanted (4 Cyl/ 2WD/Color/Keyless/ No Nav/Leather) and got the unit allocated (or reallocated) to them. He also deleted the Gulf States stuff that I didn't want (delete 3M/paint sealent/ etc).

Car arrived about 3 weeks later. Not a factory order. More of a Port of Entry customization.

BTW...I've bought from Fitzmall before and driven back to TX. They are likely to find the one you want at a really good price. The were posted at Invoice when I looked last week.

1 person likes this.
  10. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

11. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting. Thanks for the "Street Smarts" on how things are currently working.