1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the most obnoxious car in production, right now?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by UsedToLoveCars, Jan 2, 2012.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Dan, this is for you:

Pacific Northwest (PNW) Open Lapping and HPDE Track Day Calendar/Schedule

I highly recommend going to an HPDE over an open track day because you will generally get more seat time. More importantly, there is an element of instruction which will help you keep from being one of the pricks with too much money who crash their expensive car into a pole because they don't know how to drive. It also tends to be cheaper.

As for obnoxious cars: name any SUV driven by clueless ignorant suburbanite soccer moms.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's supposed to be a high-performance-car driving school here, and I emailed them to inquire about lessons, but they never answered my email.

3. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

These guys...

ProFormance Racing School

I think I read they are still in business...

Try again Bra... it's worth it to get coached on how to take advantage of all your fine little car's attributes.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    True, although there are apparently many different ideas as to what constitutes 'walking distance.' :)

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We were getting water from bikers in the Mojave, and I explained we were walking 2500 miles. "You're walking to Canada? I don't even walk to my car!"

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The real issue is, if we are talking about a vacation activity, most people have limited time. The question becomes: How do you want to spend your limited vacation time? Do you want to spend 2/3 of your time walking on roads to get to the good hiking trails? Or maybe you don't even have enough vacation time to get to the trail walking. Or maybe you just don't like walking on roads, some of which have no provisions for pedestrians. Or maybe you choose not to sleep on the ground for the multi-day walk to the trail.

We all do "unnecessary" driving. Most of us, anyway. I've gone out just for the pleasure of driving in the country outside of town. Walking is great exercise and I do it in town. But my great love is hiking in the mountains on good trails. And for that, I have to drive. It's actually been a few years since I've been to the place that uses SUVs to take us to the trails, because once I learned about the wilderness lodges, I much prefer them. But as for wastefulness, the helicopter access to the lodge certainly uses more fuel than the daily drives at the other place. But the experience is much better.

Note: Where I go is not heli-hiking. Just helicopter access. In and out by helicopter, but while at the lodge it's all hiking. There are places that helicopter guests to and from trails every day. I don't go to those places. I'd rather walk as much as I can, and I'd skip the helicopter entirely if it were possible to hike in and out without camping along the way.

8. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It HAS to be the Jeep "Call of Duty-Modern Warfare 3". That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I can imagine in so many ways.

1 person likes this.
  9. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hmmm, suppose you won't be too excited next year when they release the special edition Jeep "Pokemon"...

1 person likes this.
  10. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like the Cherokee we have... and it does go places the Prius won't...

11. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Maurader is pretty obnoxious. It can be bought as a consumer. It was even driven by the hamster in an episode of Top Gear.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.