1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the newest DVD nav update for a 2005?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EkS, Feb 22, 2011.

1. orahm

orahm New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just learned the hard way that the Gen 4 v10.1 does work in the 05 Prius but unfortunately still doesn't have the Hawaii maps updated. I guess we're just too small of a market and I'll have to keep using the android as a GPS.

2. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. jeffaa

jeffaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, I'll try there again.

Got the torrent, burned the ISO and it does not work for me. Say's can't read map data. I'm stumped here. I've used up 4 DVD+R DL discs.

4. coscos

coscos New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can anybody confirm if 2007 Prius is compatible with Gen 5 v10.1? I tried many different brands of DVDs and also set the booktype correctly, but can't never have it work.

But the system is upgraded, since the "Agree" is gone now.

5. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i am having a heck of time trying to figure out what nav version will be compatible with my 2007. where are yous finding this information on what is & is not compatible with your respective year's nav system?

6. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bueller?? bueller??? I tried to use both gen 4 and gen 5 updates on my 06 nav and besides getting rid of the agree screen in the beginning, nothing changed. I've tried burning both all different ways and all I get is "incorrect Map DVD"

7. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gen4 only works for 04-05 Prius. Gen5 I have not tested myself since I have a '04, but comments so far review that the Gen5 v10.1 is not updating.

I will be uploading the Gen5 9.1 in a day or two if that helps.

8. MichiganPrius

MichiganPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In your previous post for Gen 4 you say that there are 6 parts to the torrent but you only have links to 5 using FileSonic. Number 4 is missing. Is that a mistake or is #4 not needed. Thank you.

9. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for catching that...it was indeed missing part4. I just updated the thread with all 6 parts.

10. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just uploaded Gen5 v9.1. Please post back whether it works or not. Thanks!

11. LIPriusFreak

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    does that mean gen5 9.1 works?

12. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Give it a try and report back. I have a gen4 so there is no way for me to test it; though as noted, both gen5 v9.1/v10.1 is coming from the same private torrent site as gen4 v10.1. Some people reported the gen5 v10.1 to work, but the majority said it failed at updating.

Again, I can not confirm that Gen5 v9.1/v10.1 works or not. But I CAN confirm that the Gen4 v10.1 is good to go.

13. LIPriusFreak

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i guess I'll try it....but I'm kinda scared after reading about not being able to go back versions. my car is still workin on 5.1 from 2006 lol and the last time I tried to update to 10.1, it even told me my original 5.1 disc was bad :( (2 tries and it worked again)

14. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the disc drive is very sensitive in the prius, but none the less, a failed update should not mess it up.

If you do decide to give it a go, please post back whether you were successful or not.

Thanks!

15. pabbas

pabbas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    any luck with the update?

16. LIPriusFreak

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    haven't had a chance to d/l and burn the 9.1 yet....hopefully tonight or tomorrow

17. pabbas

pabbas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm trying to find someone with a DVD writer but still no luck. Do let us know if you manage to install the update.

thanks

18. LIPriusFreak

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if I can get it to work, assuming no one would report me to toyota, I'd be willing to send out copies if you reimburse me for the cost of the DL dvd discs :D

19. pabbas

pabbas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that will be great if you're willing. :)

Thank you so much

20. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    for those who are willing, please report DVD media codes

For those who are willing to and have or haven't gotten it work (assuming you're using the proper version), it would really help to indicate the media type (e.g. DVD -R DL or DVD +R DL) and media code, not the brand, as the brand is pretty useless.

Don't feel compelled to post if you haven't posted about your previous failures or successes. I can understand many will wish to remain silent/anonymous on this.

By media code I'm talking about codes like MCC02RG20, RITEKG05 or YUDEN000T02. Some media is crap. The brand by itself tells you nothing about who actually made the media as they are sometimes done in house and they can frequently change suppliers and country of origin (see digitalFAQ.com | Blank DVD Media Quality Guide). Software for Media ID and Quality Scans [DOWNLOADS + GUIDE] - digitalFAQ.com Support Forum has a page of tools that you can use the retrieve the code. I can't vouch for any of the .zip files there (never used them) but I can tell you Nero DiscSpeed works.

I'd imagine that Toyota/Panasonic didn't bother making the drive read burned media real well since all the official DVDs should be pressed DVDs and not from burned media.

Finding media codes that work/work well will increase the chances of other people succeeding and not wasting time/money.