1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

whats the things you like and dislike about the gen 3?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by graham hendren, Feb 27, 2013.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They had the open space in front of center console in 2005. I don't recall seeing anything like it in sedans these days - Corolla, Camry, Accord. But, CUV and minivans had open space if I recall. So, is Prius going to be like a minivan here, or family sedan? I vote sedan.

Trouble with the open space is there is no where to rest the right shin while driving. If have great thigh support from seat, don't think it's needed, but nice to have place to rest shin. My opinion on this is Toyota just needs to fall inline with what most are doing with center consoles (in gear shifter, cupholders area). I think just make center console classic, like Camry and complaints should slow down.
    2012 Camry -
    camry interior.jpg

2. prius cabbie

prius cabbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My shin gets a good nights sleep and doesnt need rest.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a friend sit in my car to see how it feels to them. First thing they said is - the steering wheel points to the left.

Do this -

1) Move the seat so the front edge is just behind the bottom face of steering wheel.
    2) Look straight down at the front edge of the seat compared to the edge of steering wheel
    3) They are not parallel, whole steering column points a bit to the left meaning the right of rim (3 o'clock area) is slightly closer than the 9 o'clock area
    4) Big deal? No, but straight is better.

:p :D

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "Newbie" first impressions.

I'm very happy with my Prius.

Immediately did not like the plastic steering wheel-Fixed with a wheelskins installation.

Bad design: The center bridge with the MID screen is angled so horizontally that on any sunny day the glare from the sun makes it near unreadable or invisible. Evidently a shade is available, but reviews of it's operation are less than stellar.

I intend to simply be forced to ignore the screen on those days and moments in which the sun renders it near invisible.