1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's up with Coastal Tech?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MGBGT, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I called long distance, because the 1-800 is US only, and never got thru. They don't have customer service as far as I can tell.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yup, he posted the same message on PriusChat too.

4. paul16451

paul16451 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So, I wanted to order a few things from them, called the non-800 number and no answer, then I placed an order on the website, selecting 2-day shipping. And Kelly called me back just a little later to check on my order, to see if I really wanted to pay the quick-shipping fee since it was a little on the high side. I said yes, and got a shipping number an hour later! So I'll get my boxes on Tuesday, except for the EV switch which they still don't have in stock.

5. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good News!!! Re: What's up with Coastal Tech?

[font=Comic Sans MS:66e61b8e6d]Good news. My wife just got an eMail from Kelly and our mud flaps are shipping today. They added a free power outlet mod and shipping, because of all the problems with our order. Our faith has ben restored and it appears they are trying to make up for past problems. Hopefully the auto door lock mod will also be shipping soon.[/font:66e61b8e6d]

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Now they need to do two more things, and we all would be very happy.

1. Send emailed confirmations of web based orders. Really, it would be ideal if this was done on ALL orders.

2. Post status of pre-orders and backorders that affect the majority of us on their website. Keep it up-to-date weekly.

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"93293)</div>
    If they had been doing those two things, I probably would have purchased every item they sell for the Prius except the Nav override and EV. I don't have the Nav package and I have the stock EV.

I might try a test buy soon, but I am still not certain enough to buy expensive items like the XM or video/audio input.

8. paul16451

paul16451 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The only thing that stops me from getting XM radio is the monthly payment requirement, once the free year expires. I have a fundamental problem with paying continuously for things like that I won't use much (which is why I don't play monthly-payment online games). If I had a longer commute where I was stuck in traffic more often, I might consider it.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    a year ago, i would have said that pay radio would never fly... but now im not so sure.

i would like to see it in action more first before i try it. i still dont know anyone who has it.

10. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree... who would have thought you'd have to pay to listen to the radio. I had a Sirius radio in a rental I had and didn't care for the Sirius stations, but it maybe a learning curve on how to find what you want to listen too. My sister in law has XM in her new car and she loves it. So I guess it's up to the user. For now I don't need another monthly bill. Living in NY my Local, School and County has a plan for all my extra money, it's called 'TAX INCREASES', God I hate this state.

11. Emilyjohn

Emilyjohn New Member

DaveinOlyWA, We have XM in our Accord. We love it. It's about $10/month. We're 60ish; and we can listen to old-time radio programs from the "Green Hornet" to "Burns and Allen". Satellite also provides you with different types of music, and you can can sellect music from any decade from the 30's-40's and on up. Local traffic and weather, talk-radio, no ads, and excellent reception except when passing thru an underpass. We expect delivery of our White/#4 package in a couple of weeks. I'll be installing XM immediately. That will cost me another $8/month

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have talked with many cyber friends and have yet to hear anything negative about the service. it will probably be one of my next toys to play with.

i just got a GPS receiver integrated with my laptop for a MUCH MUCH cheaper nav option than what the Prius provides...so maybe after the newness that wears off, ill be looking for something else

13. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob259\";p=\"93953)</div>
    Yup, that's one of the reasons I moved down here. Potholes, cold, noise and cost of housing were the other reasons. Miss the culture and family though.

14. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Are we getting off the subject here?

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yep we did...about 2 weeks ago

edit

oops meant to say 2 days ago...

probably my fault for my comments about radio...

16. NiMHpwr

NiMHpwr New Member

Personally I'd like to know when the Viewtech is going to be shipping. I pre-ordered one I don't know how long ago and now I am wondering if I still want it. Or maybe they are just saving my credit card info for a rainy day.

17. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well Still haven't gotten our UPS Ship notice she said we would be getting so maybe we we are not getting them. :-(

18. gaulfinger

gaulfinger New Member

I'm another recent Coastal customer who got nothing pre-sales, including a proper order receipt from the web portal. But I got a nice email from Kelley last week that my auto-lock and XM radio will ship Tuesday (and arrive Thursday). I got it yesterday...

As others have noted, the post-sales is support is great. The documentation is excellent.

My Nav fix is on back-order with everyone else, but the auto-lock and XM work great.

Gary

19. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

20. majordude

majordude Member

How long did it take? Did you have to do any drilling or removing of tires?