1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's up with Coastal Tech?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MGBGT, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [font=Comic Sans MS:1eb60fb58a]Took about 30 Min at tops, once you have all your tools right there. For the rears I had to take the rear tires off, but you can do the fronts by turning the wheels. On the fronts you had to drill 1 hole in the bottom center for a push fastener and on the rears you had to drill for the clips and screw (three holes on each side). I also added a Stainless screw all the way on the inside of the rear flaps. The inside screw is not needed, but I liked the way it fit when I added it. I\'d rate it as a very easy install.[/font:1eb60fb58a]

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Just got my second shipping notice from Coastal. Since I only have two things left on order, I wonder which surprise it will be.

Since this shipment is almost 15 days since my last shipment, I wonder if production has been stepped up. I hope others are experiencing the same thing.

3. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla\";p=\"98263)</div>
    [font=Comic Sans MS:f61bfb0692]We just got ours yesterday too. We only have the auto door lock mod left on back order, so I'll assume that is what you have coming too.

4. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Works for me! Now if we can just get Dave to pump out those NAV kits. . .

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

So what's the concensus here? Has Coastal consistently mended their ways as far as confirmations and communications? As a soon to be new owner, this stuff is somewhat discouraging. I had wanted to order the EV kit, but am a little shaky about it after reading all of this. I also wanted the XM Kit, but isn't the one from PriusXM.com cheaper by about 20 bucks? I haven't heard or seen any complaints about their shipping or communications. I'll probably just order the XM kit from PriusXM then...all I know is not only is Coastal Tech affecting the decisions of current Prius owners, but also that of soon to be owners such as myself. I hope it all gets worked out, as Coastal does have some great ideas and what looks to be great products.

Dave.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dave, Bob Hayes just received an e-mail for his EV mod. I'm waiting for mine too. Looks like they have stock.

7. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius\";p=\"98355)</div>
    Thanks for letting me know...I'll check into it from Coastal then

Dave.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Coastal has been slow and communication has been poor, but you'll not find one complaint about him being dishonest.

You should order from him with confidence about your security and that you will, in all likelyhood, get the product you ordered. And, he never bills you/charges your card until he's ready to ship. But it could take a while and you may be in an information vacuum for a while.

9. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What's weird is I received a shipment notice yesterday (should be delivered today) but I can't remember exactly what I ordered??? It was probably the EV solution but I think I ordered a couple of items. There was no mention of what it was in the shipment notice.

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    bummer... i havent gotten any notice...i may still be on backorder if im far enough down the list...should have bought it last year when i was against doing it. but then again, last year i would have had minimal opportunities to use it.

oh well...

11. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Just received the auto door lock. So far - 2 of 3 things ordered have been received.

Now I have a good Father's Day project in addition to all the other things on my "honey do" list!

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone one else except Bob receive an e-mail?

13. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got an automated email from UPS informing me of a shipment from Coastal TV and Electric. I just ordered the power outlet mod as a test buy from them. Ordered Friday and it shipped Monday.