1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's with the Dealers on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rmauro, Jan 22, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

Nope, I'm not at all sure and you could be right on target. However, I thought someone else (Steve, perhaps?) stated that they had checked out the VIN and it was a real car (A status) on its way to the SE region.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Steve checked the VIN # a few days ago - but it could just be a VIN for a car that he's already sold and he put up the VIN to make it look more legit. I think I'll call Toyota of Greenville on Monday to see if this person is connected at all with them.

3. cubfan801

cubfan801 New Member

I would have to agree with Dianne and Evan on this issue. I work at a dealership in Salt Lake City, Ut. and will tell you there is no way this guy has VIN#'s on cars that far out. The earliest cars I can see vin 's on are scheduled for mid-March delivery.
    I have been watching this site for a while and enjoy reading the comments owners are making. It helps me eliminate trouble for my new owners before they even know there is a problem.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, we need to start putting together a list of dealers that are on the site. It's good to see this kind of participation by dealers in various parts of the country.

Welcome to Priuschat, cubsfan!

5. cubfan801

cubfan801 New Member

Thanks Danny.
    I think one of the biggest problems that most people have is that their dealerships have failed to train their sales staff properly. With the original Prius I was one of two specially trained people at my dealership allowed to sell them. I have also recieved in depth training on the new Prius from Toyota called Prius Elite. I wish dealerships around the country would take more time to make sure the people that are representing this awesome vehicle would train them properly. I hate to see some of the questions I see on this site by owners that should have been answered when they took delivery of their Prii. Any way thanks for letting me vent Bye!

6. cybele

cybele New Member

My new favorite eBay auction

Here's my new favorite eBay posting:

It's for a 2004 Seaside Pearl - it says it's new but it also says it has 1,500 miles on it.

Starting bid is $33,000.00!

I can't even figure out which package it has, though it does mention leather interior and toyogard. It looks like a base model and doesn't even have the rear wiper.

7. tag

tag Senior Member

Re: My new favorite eBay auction

Previously titled + 1500 miles = Ain't "brand new".

I mean, geez, has this seller been living under a bridge or something? How many other ebay listings for 04 Prii have ended without even one single bid at these prices?

8. windsurfdog

windsurfdog New Member

....and what's this with the leather interior???
    I saw it, too, and sent him a note saying how unbelievable the listing was. So glad to see he's got no bids......