1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's with the dealers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FishHawk, Nov 13, 2006.

1. loudlight

loudlight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sonny @ Nov 13 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]348166[/snapback]</div>
    Sonny,

My dealer told me the same thing. Said it was a safety issue. I agree. The constant beeping makes it harder to concentrate. As soon as they replace the bad factory speaker, they have seen the last of me!

BTW,
    I am still looking for a way to turn the damn thing off! The instructions on this site say that the odometer / spedometer is supposed to display "b-on" but it never does on my '07. Anybody know how to fix this?

Loud Light

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Nov 15 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]349435[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you, but unfortunately this is not reality. Your husband works for a dealer, you know first hand that with dealers all being independently owned and run the variations in quality control are vast. Thats why the best approach is to do what I said and set expectations. When the service manager is aware that you are looking to create a long term relationship, they will be more interested in helping to meet your needs.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Nov 15 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]349911[/snapback]</div>
    absolutely on all accounts. you never really know what you're going to get with dealer service departments. suppose that since DH goes out of his way for his customers we expect everyone else can stand to do the same. but he's not your average wrench.

with the chance of gaining a long term customer, dealers will be much more willing to accommodate the little things. they see dollar signs... :ph34r:

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have one of the Good Ones (kinda like the "DH") but it is hard. I have a tube and pump to get rid of extra oil, though generally I just take in oil to give them. All of these are little things. I remenber years ago when I had my Fiat 124 worked on by Louigie. He had previously worked for Farrari in Italy until he imigrated and went to work for a Fiat dealership in Columbus Ohio. From the first tune up on I requested him. For the first week after he worked on my car it was wonderfull. The sound of the engine as I ran through the gears was like a formula one. A thing of bueaty is a joy to behold forever. For Lougie where ever you are!

5. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loud Light @ Nov 15 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]349460[/snapback]</div>
    Keep trying--it took me a few tries on my '07 to get the timing right. The odometer will say "b-on" when you've got it exactly right, and then you can toggle it to "b-off". Pun intended. :)

6. Gen2

Gen2 Member

I have not had any problems with the oil level but they do reset my tire pressure to factory specs so I readjust them. I'd steer clear of anyone that did not fill the oil to the correct level.