1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's your experience been owning a 2014-17 Prius V?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Yota4Life, Aug 23, 2021.

1. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I missed that.

2. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I recently took our 2017 v four through the same car wash for the first time. The roof makes a god awful noise during the very high speed air drying. With only 43k on it, the rubber held just fine. I have noticed that the weatherstripping on the 2013 (102k) has stretched over time. It is not unusual to see a small warp in the strip where it won't lay flat. This is where the 200 mph air dryer gets its fingers under the weatherstripping, and it flies off.

WeatherStripWarping.jpg

I forgot to mention that the plastic clips that hold the weatherstripping in the channel are only held on by glue. The front clip on the drivers side of my 2013 came off with the weatherstrip one time. The part is cheap at the dealer, but a PITA to glue it back on.

3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just changed the oil after 6 months and 1,800 miles at 70 miles beyond 26,000 miles. The oil was already really dark.

There was actually only less than 1/16 inch of the same dark oil on the bottom of the oil catch can. I've seen light yellow sludge in other oil catch cans, which probably means other blow-by residue like gasoline.

The residue in the oil catch can is a good indicator into the condition of the engine.

Having no yellow blow-by and just a small amount of dark oil is a good indicator of how good the piston rings, especially the oil control rings are in the engine.

Of the other accessories that are most useful is the conversion that I made to the spin-on oil filter.

https://www.armstrongfamilyblog.com/armstrongracing/the-2016-toyota-2zr-engine-oil-filter-conversion

It's the best $100 I ever spent. It is much more convenient that the plastic housing and messy oily paper cartridge and o-rings.

#23 Georgina Rudkus, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021