1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's your favorite thing about your Prius that you didn't know about before you bought it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusForThePeople, Mar 21, 2009.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was astonished at the jet-like flow of power the first time I passed a slower vehicle. I'm used to a Sienna 6 cylinder van. This thing passes just as quickly, but without all the downshifting, noise, and drama. it just seems to say, "Oh -- you'd rather be AHEAD of the truck? Why didn't you say so, Sir?" and smoothly, quietly, makes it happen.

2. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The odd but cool lever action of the right side wiper arm.

3. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The ready button. Other cars are like watching black and white TV.
    Interesting thread.

4. fastring

fastring Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    I didnt know that I'd love being able to lay flat and sleep in it. I have a long day, with work in the day and school at night. Between work and school, I sometimes take a nap in the prius. Its usually in 'truck mode' with the seats flat in the back, I lay down head towards the rear bumper and feet on the front console. Very comfy. For long trips, we remove front headrests and lay flat, spent the night, my wife and I, in the prius last weekend on a quick San Diego to San Francisco roadtrip. I never knew that I'd have such an economical car that I can roadtrip camp in.

1 person likes this.
  5. MariaEvri

MariaEvri Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didnt know if it was said before, but I love the fact that I can glide at 60-70 km an hour with only the battery - the engine switched off for as long as I dont have to slow down.
    Once I glided like that for 3 minutes non stop

6. roverguy78

roverguy78 Elite Lurking Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you use an air mattress? If so, what size? I noticed that the child-seat anchors on the back of the rear seats stick up and would be uncomfortable.

7. drllama

drllama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm still in my first week with my new 2010 Prius.

Most surprising thing for me was the turning radius. I swore I was pivoting around the rear tires it's so tight!

Most of the other wonderful things I knew going in, I'd been pondering and researching and pondering for ages, finally got one and I'm seriously in love with it.