1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's Your Overall Experience with Prius Dearers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dorf, May 21, 2007.

1. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I reported my experience with buying above, today was the free 1k service.

They did not adjust tire pressure as I had requested.

The dipstick shows overfilling of about 1cm but that's with the both the hybrid and the engine cold. I need to check with the experts in the other forum if that's something to worry about.

The Mobil sticker says that the next appointment is at 6100 mi but does not say what oil they used... <sigh>

Mixed experience I guess...

2. briloop

briloop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    We went to two dealers:

Dealer A (Classic Toyota in Round Rock, TX) treated us with much kindness and consideration. They discounted the car a lot - about $500 over the Consumer Reports Base Line Price plus invoice price of the options.

Dealer B (Charles Maund Toyota in Austin, TX) had a bad reaction to our negotiating style. The salesman treated us rather rudely by not backing off the MSRP.

3. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We had a good experience (probably my first) with Frank Maffia (fuggedaboutit) @ Crestmont Toyota in Pompton Plains, NJ. We went there originally looking at a Rav4, which he was very knowledgeable about. While there, we noticed the Prius, which I had read some about, but was not yet "of the fold". We asked to test drive the Prius. I'm sure he must have thought, "Oh great, they have NO idea what they want, maybe I should fake a stroke and get rid of them". But no, he took it in stride and actually knew a lot about the Prius also, and if he couldn't answer a question, didn't try to bulls**t us. It was quite possibly the first time I went to a dealership where the salesperson might have known more about the car than I did.

My only complaint was that their offer for our trade-in was pitiful (but we expected nothing less), and they wouldn't negotiate it. Wound up selling it for a lot more by sticking a sign in the window with it parked in front of my house - I had an offer on it in less than 24 hours and 3 back-up offers in the first 5 days (first offer needed a week to come up with the remainder) if the first person didn't perform.