1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel covers coming off looking for replacements

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mick Dave, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Mick Dave

Mick Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2015 and 2 of the original wheel covers have come off. I've seen inexpensive ones on line and at wal-mart for like 40-50 buck for 4, but would really just like a small center cap for the black wheels themselves. If it had the Toyota emblem and was silver that seems like it would be good, but even just a plain silver or even black plastic one would be fine to me. Just something to cover up the nut that holds the brake disk on, be something the tire guys don't have to remove and possible break, and that would make it look a little less like it's "broken" or something is missing(because it is!), for lack of a better expression.

2. Mick Dave

Mick Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe some like these! Came up when I just now searched and the are sold through walmart for like 15 bucks.

Attached Files:

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes there are bunches of center caps that should be able to be had for the whole size that's in the center of your wheel I run a bunch of different wheels on my Prius they're the correct offset and everything but the center cap holds on mine are larger older Toyotas had silver center caps that would go in the center of the wheel that had the Toyota t on them they were very common on some trucks and SR5 vehicles You can measure your hole that you have on your given wheels and look on tire sites and you will find something that can pop into that hole generally speaking and then it'll look more finished although the center caps that you're looking for unless they're really cheap and believe it or not they will cost about 7 bucks a pop versus about the 9 to 12 apiece of the Walmart set of four wheel covers so it's kind of a toss-up

4. W. Sobchak

W. Sobchak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can see the Toyota part number on the back. 42603-52110 OEM are more expensive, you can get replicas on eBay.

image.jpg image.jpg

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You've posed essentially the same question in four other existing threads; I answered in one of them.

Montgomery, TGrracie and xliderider like this.
  6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Also, if the center covers say they are compatibile with Toyota Yaris wheels, they'll fit the third gen Prius oem wheels.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Tbkilb01 likes this.
  7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Consider no wheel covers and no caps... It actually looks nicer that way!

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Until the rust sets in.

9. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If u want them to last more than 1 day then don't buy cheap Chinese crap. No joke. Besides, PRC enslaves their ppl. And, PRC is our enemy. Why would you support that Govt

10. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your local big-box home-improvement store has plain caps for unused holes in outdoor electrical boxes. One size of those (nominal 1½", I think, but actually larger diameter) is a perfect fit on the center hole in Prius wheels, if you bend the tabs slightly. They're plated steel, but match the "silver" wheel color nicely. The plating's good enough that mine haven't rusted in ~8 years. No Toyota trademark on them, but they're so inconspicuous nobody has commented that they look "wrong."

#10 CR94, Mar 31, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    Tbkilb01, Montgomery and Mendel Leisk like this.