1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Covers on Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by psoque, Jun 7, 2018.

1. SC_Mitch

SC_Mitch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

2. james brooks

james brooks New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hey all, noob here, sorry to bump this if i did. just bought a 13 C with basic hub caps. would i be able to rock the prime wheel covers on my stock rim or do these require an aluminum wheel?

3. Richard Merwyn

Richard Merwyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Going through a rather old and poorly maintained car wash I managed to mangle the 'wheel cover' on my 2017 prime. I will spare all the details. Cracked it pretty good but managed to patch it. Which led me to thinking why do I need these? My old 2006 has no covers and the rims look OK. I really really doubt any aerodynamic advantage obtained with WC's is measurable - or even real. The OEM covers are meh ugly in MHO. I read all the comments in this thread and it was enlightening. I talked with a personable young counter guy at the stealership who was of the opinion that if it were his car, he'd just take'em off. I love honesty. The other really annoying thing about these 'covers' is it makes it really really hard to check the air pressure in the tires, the access relief being inadequate and the valve stem/tube being too short. I've had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to 'reach' and unscrew the valve caps! Unacceptable. Yeah, I know you could just pull'em off and knock'em back in after checking the air, but really, take off the wheel cover to check air pressure? If Toyota reads these posts please take notice! I think I will just let them wheels go buff naked, sans covers. Now to find a reputable source for the "center plug" to cover the axel nut/end shaft...

4. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You want Toyota Prius Center Wheel Caps 42603-52170. They are available from several sources, I got mine from eBay for under $50 delivered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]