1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Lock Key

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JAC15, Oct 4, 2018.

1. JAC15

JAC15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I took my car to the tire shop to get a replacement tire but after I left I realized they didn't give me back the wheel lock key. Then I noticed this on the new tire they put in. Is this it- did they leave it the nut?

Also anyone having issues with the stock Toyo tires that come with the 2017 Prius Three Touring? I've had 2 flats already and I'm just under 11,500 miles. I do drive 60 miles round trip for work most days, through highways that are currently under construction. Could be a case of really bad luck.

Attached Files:

2. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The wheel cover just pops off. Pull it off and see if you can get the wheel lock key out.

krmcg likes this.
  3. Usle

Usle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had a flat with the Toyos first week, a round Rock the thru the center of the tread, put on defenders and forgot about them.
    Definitely take off the hubcap and look at that sucker, it should come right off, if the key is lost a 19mm socket can be pounded on the locking lug, then the locking lug can be replaced with a normal lug. All four.
    Show that place ctre to the service manager