1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Speed/ABS Sensor Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by shawn.ne, May 20, 2017.

1. shawn.ne

shawn.ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My 2010 sat for a few months with a battery too low to start it, and now shows DTC code: C0210 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Malfunction. The hazard lights flash intermittently, always proportional to the speed of the axle. I took the wheel off and disconnected the sensors connector, but I don't know how to actually remove the sensor to clean, test or replace.

Does anyone have the relevant repair manual page(s) or know how to do this? Some videos on other cars like the Camry make it look easy, but I have not seen any videos with the sensor on a Gen 3. Any advice appreciated.

2. shawn.ne

shawn.ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It seems the rear sensors are integrated into their hub and bearing assemblies. Does this mean there is no way to remove and clean them?

3. Cassie Matos

Cassie Matos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the same code and have the Red Brake, VCS, (!) and ABS Light on. Hoping someone can give some insight on our situation.

4. shawn.ne

shawn.ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I replaced the right rear hub assembly with a new Timken unit, cleared the DTCs, and the hazard lights still flash intermittently proportional to the speed of the axle. I feel like the solution to this problem might be over my head, but it's probably related to an electrical short, correct?

5. DeliveringSmiles

DeliveringSmiles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had a frayed out wire on my sensor after slamming into a curb. I replaced the wire (it just plugs in (see YT videos) and nothing changed so need to run the codes and see what gives. Maybe replace the wire. I got a new one for $15 on Fleabay