1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Well Plastic Cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Geneva Prius, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Geneva Prius

Geneva Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2012 Prius. I occasionally will clean the wheel wells, as I live on a dirt road. I have found that there's a plastic cover inside the left rear wheel well, at about 2 o'clock as you face the wheel. It seems to be loose. Is this normal?

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It might have lost some of it's fasteners: are there any empty holes? With a description a dealership parts department can figure out the type. They might have them, or have to order them in. Typically I've found they're around $3~5 per, which is kind of frustrating.

Or look for generic? They're typically plastic pins with spreading jaws, the kind where prying up the central cap releases them. There's different diameters and lengths, so having an assortment is good.

That's the fuel filler pipe cover I think.

4. Geneva Prius

Geneva Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I checked with my neighbor. Her 2012 Prius has the same plastic cover and it "feels" just as loose as mine. I'm not going to worry about it until I take it in for service, but I think it's that way by design.