1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheels make the car.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PearlJammer, Nov 22, 2011.

1. robby818

robby818 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The pricing for used wheels (even in like new condition) is a lot different than brand new wheels. If you want a good deal buy someone's like new factory wheels, you can usually get them for very little. Maybe $400 for 4 wheels & like new tires. I have the factory 17" wheels on my Prius, but the tires are not gong to be cheap to replace when the time comes. Been thinking about buying a set of 15" wheels & tires as a replacement set when the time comes, but I still love the way the 17's look. I get compliments on the wheels and even from people who don't know a thing about the Prius. I think people are so used to seeing the Prius with the ugly hubcaps on the 15's that the 17's really stand out when they see my car.

Isn't the ride quality better with the 15's? That's another reason why I am tempted to switch out.

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Y'alls needs to lowers your carz.

3. robby818

robby818 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Nice look. Chrome wheels look particularly sharp on black and red cars. I have not seen chrome 17" wheels on a Prius yet and I live in L.A.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been an awfully long time since I drove a Prius Five, but I remember being on freeway expansion joints and the ride got pretty bumpy! I'm sure it is a noticeably firmer, but I'll bet it is not quite as firm as the Accord Coupe I just traded in. Might be though.

I really like the ride on 15" stock wheels/tires for daily driving.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the closest I've seen to chrome 17s.

Before lowering
    [​IMG]

After lowering
    [​IMG]

6. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do you guys have trouble with scrapping the front end after lowering? I had to drive up a steep driveway last weekend and scrapped the underside front end. Can't see any damage but that ssscccrrrraaaaatttttccccchhhhh has to be the absolute worse sound in the entire world...

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I scrape a little on driveways but going up or down them at an angle usually keeps me from scraping. There is really no damage done so I don't really care. I think the worse sound is going over a really tall speed bump or rock and hearing that knock or crunching noise as it slams into your muffler or drivetrain. lol

8. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You said it!
    the standard wheels look like little erasers.
    :)

I have a black V mist gray.