1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheelskins cover pics???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by freshmtt, May 27, 2008.

1. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wheelskins cover pics???--Updated with my photos

I have already looked at some of the older posts.. But can those of you that bought the Wheelskins leather steering wheel covers care to post some pics of how it looks on your Prius??

I am trying to decide what type to go with, the regular one, two tone colored one or the perforated one and what color to go with.

I have the Bisque interior and since part of the interior is black I am not sure what would look best in the car.. The sand color??, or a pure black one??, I am thinking about the heat factor in the summer..

What is better perforated or plain??

Can you please post some pics of what you have???

Thank you so much!

2. freshmtt

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nobody has pics :pout::pout::pout::pout::pout::pout::pout:

Somebody.... anybody.....:pray::pray:

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are dozens of photos in posts less than 3 months old you can look at.

4. freshmtt

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks, I tried again with the search and found some with pics, could not find them before,,

5. freshmtt

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just put my Wheelskins leather cover on my steering wheel. I bought the Sand/Charcol eurotone on Tuesday and it came in the mail today.

Here are some pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last pic is of the seam where I tied it together.

[​IMG]

6. stevecaz

stevecaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Oooh, I was just looking at this in the shopping area, and I'm glad you posted pics because that looks horribly cheap so now I know not to get it.

7. freshmtt

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I would agree with you on the part about not getting them, because after having mine for a few weeks, I am not reallly happy with how the steering wheel feels. It is rock hard and not soft and comfortable at all. In fact my cheap $7.99 spongy wrap around steering wheel cover I bought at Autozone was much more comfortable on my hands that this one.

Everybody raved about this steering wheel cover on this site, I thought it would be very good. However, It just looks nice and expensive. I don't think it looks cheap. The leather is excellent quality and is smooth as ever, however, for comfort in regards to driving with it, I feel like my hands are holding onto a steel rod. I just don't like the hard feel of it.

I am actually on the lookout now for a real leather cover, but a padded one.