1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When did this happen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by paprius4030, Oct 31, 2007.

1. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm with nerfer.

My 07 Touring has NEVER reset by itself no matter how much
    gas gets added.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Remember you got to drive a little(.5 mi) I think, until the reset occurs. It won't reset if your just sitting in one position waiting for it.

3. Woodcote

Woodcote New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Nov 2 2007, 08:38 AM) [snapback]533824[/snapback]</div>
    My 07 touring always resets automatically after fillup (anywhere from 7-9 gallons is usual for me), but it does not reset until just after I've rolled out of the gas station.

As someone else mentioned mine won't reset sitting still, but the car doesn't have to move very far (at all) before the mileage reset occurs. Like I mentioned, literally resets as I leave the gas station.

Oh, and hi all :D first post

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Oct 31 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]533200[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, that is what I observed over the weekend. The miles reset just after leaving the station, but the MPG did not reset, and a mile later I hit the button and reset them both.

The good news is, on this tank my lifetime MPG finally hit 50! :D :D :D

(50.01 MPG, to be exact, over 15,992 miles).

5. personallyuneek

personallyuneek Yankee fan in New England

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a supposition for why it seems sporadic.....

On my last fuel stop I powered off before opening the fuel door, and for the first time the MFD did not reset. All other times, the power was on, and it does reset.

Only happened on this most recent fill up, and it will take a while before my next fill up, so confirmation may be had sooner by another poster testing the theory.