1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

when it snows, the Prius needs to be jump-started

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TM2647, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it's something that requires both freezing cold and damp air then more snow could indicate a more humid atmosphere.

Another thought is that additional snow could mean more snow making its way into the engine bay.

2. TM2647

TM2647 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was away last week from town, we had a snowstorm and was told we got quite a bit of snow. I purposefully left my car outside without shutting off the keyless singal, which would be great settings for the battery to die again. The snow was not cleaned off my car or around it. When I got home, the car started fine with all the snow still on/around it. I did not have to jump it all, despite what I feel are favorable factors to kill a battery.

The two things that are considered now: Two days after a snowstorm & the removed paperclip from the hatch. I'm hoping there is a big storm tonight in order to eliminate variables, because if it was the paper clip I will be utterly shocked.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please don't use the word "shocked" when discussing a Prius. ;)

I can see the headlines now: "Local man shocked by electric hybrid!" :D

Tom

1 person likes this.