1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When ordering, how long did you wait for your Prius c?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SoGalinSoCal, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SoGalinSoCal

SoGalinSoCal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Unfortunately, I have very specific taste for a car that is in hot demand. And I really want my Prius c Four in Summer Rain w/ moonroof package. Although my dealership and I have been scouring the Western US for my specifications, we've turned up nothing in 3 weeks. So, I'm going to special order my car, which I'm told will take 3-4 months. *whine* But I want it noooooow! :p

How long did you wait/have you waited so far for your special Prius c to come in?

2. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I waited two weeks. I reserved the C III black color with alloy moonroof at the first day the dealer got their first PC. it was on the ship from Japan when I reversed it. only one in my area. lol C III black with alloy.

3. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    C II Summer Rain - Put down deposit February 17th* to reserve car - they said one of the April shipments - hopefully it comes in this month.:confused::)

March shipments - AFAIK - almost all the C's were spoken for.

Did offer me a C I in Summer Rain and I looked at the C II Habanero - but turned down both cars. Both cars were reserved but the buyers changed their minds so sales called to see if I was interested.

Can I whine too?:Cry:

*IIRC - this is the first day the C's were sold in Hawaii.

4. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I just settled for one that was inbound...the dealership (only one within 100 miles) seemed reluctant to "order" anything for me anyway.

5. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I requested mine March 8th, and was lucky enough to have them find one on a boat the next day. But then I had to wait until the 27th to pick it up. So about two and a half weeks from when I requested it.

6. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It took 18 days from the time my specific car was ordered until I took delivery. It was already on the boat heading over here when it was claimed for me.

7. torquil

torquil New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I ordered mine about six weeks ago...(Summer Rain), but after a month I got a call saying that they simply couldn't find that color. I said I'd take just about anything; I picked up my new Metallic Blue (ii) in Saturday.:)

8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm not sure why you're waiting. I have one on the boat that docks the 9th. :)

9. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    once upon a time: i walked into my dealership and said i wanted the new c. when would they arrive (expecting about april) they said, "funny you should ask. the first one will be here in just a few days" well, instead of 2 days it was about 5 days. but i got the very first one:D to hit nashville. i must admit im liking "shorty" more and more each day. the real test will be when i go to daytona the second week of may. i will definitely be informing every one of performance and gas mileage.:)
    fred from nashville

10. bgil

bgil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

I ordered a silver metallic 4 on Saturday. I was told it could take 6 to 8 weeks to get it...

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had spoken to my dealer in advance about when they were expecting the C's in. He asked if I wanted him to call and i said yes but i wasn't sure if i'd actually end up buying one or not. So I recieved a call on March 7th asking if i wanted to check out the C. I ended up being the very first registered owner of a Prius c in the entire state of Wiconsin! I guess I was lucky, I knew the'd be in high demand which also influenced my decision of purchasing then. I initially was interested in a package 2, the one i bought was a 3 with moonroof which cost much more than i intended to spend but i had almost $3000 positive equity from my Honda Fit and put $2800 of my own money down and said what the heck. It sucks you have to wait, but it'll be worth it!

12. SoGalinSoCal

SoGalinSoCal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So, my dealer called today and was able to find a Metallic Blue c IV, which was my second color choice. And he can get it to me by Monday or Tuesday. *sigh* I guess I'm going to settle.

13. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    :rockon:

14. Valborg

Valborg Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Don't feel so bad, I'm on the East coast waiting for a Blue Streak Pc4. I envy you ;). Grats if you decide to get it.

15. morefaves

morefaves Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ordered a blue(either blue is fine) III on March 16th. Still waiting, was told "maybe" next week. Could have had a Haberno III with Moonroof that I test, drove but didn't want that color or Moonroof. No Hurry, I'd rather get what I want.

16. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just talked to my dealer and they are telling me they haven't located mine yet. They were saying that maybe Summer Rain just isn't being made yet and I told them that apparently lots of people are getting the color so they have to have been producing that color. It has been a week and they still dont have any idea where to locate one. *sigh* I am really starting to worry... So who knows how long it will take :(

17. plemieux

plemieux New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

18. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's just silly - they know better. Just have to go on the computer and check the shipments coming in and the SRs will show up. What they're actually saying is - they want you to settle for another color so they won't have to wait to make a sale.

Still waiting on mine too - due in one of the April shipments. But I've been offered a C I in SR and I've seen a C II or C III when the salesman called me to come take a look to make sure I liked the color I had reserved (even took pictures in the dealer lot). And I missed out on a C II SR in the first shipment (early February) and the March shipments' SRs were all taken (reserved) before the end of the first day of sales in Hawaii - I know cause I reserved a SR on that very day and I was too late to get any of the March SRs.

19. bgil

bgil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just received a call from my dealer telling me my silver metallic with black interior prius c 4 will be shipped from Japan April 12 and I should be able to take delivery around the 1st week of May.

I ordered this vehicle 1 week ago. It was a costco deal.

20. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    They may want me to settle for another color but I won't do it. I would regret not sticking to the color I really want! :)