1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When ordering, how long did you wait for your Prius c?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SoGalinSoCal, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dividedsky

dividedsky New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    sounds familiar. my dealer located mine over the weekend (from another dealer), finalized the trade monday, and i was supposed to have it yesterday. now they are saying today (thursday) for me as well, but if it doesn't arrive before 5:00 i can't have it until tomorrow because they have to put it through an inspection and then detail it. so, we'll see. apparently they traded for one that had been allocated but hadn't arrived yet, and i'm told it's currently en route by truck from the regional distributor. the anticipation is killing me.

UPDATE! no less than 20 minutes after making that post, my dealer called and said my silver c3 w/ alloys is in! i pick her up tonight. now to choose the appropriate emoticon...
    :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

1 person likes this.
  2. andrewa

andrewa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Lucky! My dealer said they might get it this weekend, if lucky, but a wait of whole other week. I am getting fustrated and mad, because its going to be already 3 days late!

I even told them, that I would be willing to get a base model 3.

3. dividedsky

dividedsky New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to hear that! I picked up mine tonight and it was worth every little bit of delayed gratification to get exactly what I want. I don't want to rub it in your face though, so maybe you shouldn't open the thread I'm about to start with pics... ;)

4. dividedsky

dividedsky New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Side note: My dealer seemed to have some very specific info about the vehicle's whereabouts and transit status. He knew that when he traded for it, it was at the distributor - Gulf States Toyota in Houston. Came by ship directly to Long Beach CA and by train right to the distributor's intermodal facility. Dealer then knew that on Monday it was assigned a truck but no driver, Tuesday it had a driver, yestday it was spending the night on the side of the road in North Louisiana, and today it was here. Maybe you can ask for some of the same sort of details to make yourself feel at ease.

5. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered my Prius C tech plus (in US I believe that would be the c-4 with 16 alloys, softec seats and the moonroof) on April 25. My dealer contacted me via email last Friday (May 5) to let me know that it was in and would be ready for me to pick up when I returned from vacation on May 9
    Pretty fast compared to others. Location is Vernon, BC Canada

6. andrewa

andrewa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I tried, and its always been about the "we are at the drivers mercy"...

7. Valborg

Valborg Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered my Pc4 on March 26. It arrived at the new York port May 1, and I was able to pick it up this past Friday. Blue Streak Metallic with 15" alloys and a moonroof. Very happy I waited to get what I wanted. :bounce:

8. morefaves

morefaves Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ordered a PC3, no extras, either Blue on 03/16. Still waiting.

9. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My Summer Rain C3 has docked in Portland! Now it has to hop a train to Louisville then pick up the autotransport the rest of the way!

10. Komar

Komar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    We ended up seeing what the dealer had, only had a Red C1 on the lot, and we really wanted a C3. They had two coming in, currently on a boat, one Silver one that was sold and one Black one, both basic C3s. My wife really liked the Black so we took it. Ordered on 5/5 and have been told they should receive it on the 16th. The Dealer does their basic package after they get it including stuff like tint, so might be the 18th or later.

11. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Your patience will be rewarded...:)

12. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Ewaboy.. I am very sure that I will be glad that I waited it out for the right color.. should be here in a week and a half I am guessing...

13. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Confirmed today that my C3 Blue Streak with alloys and moonroof docked at Portland today. Train from Portland to Chicago then car hauler to Iowa. Sure am looking forward to getting it though... Dealer placed my preference March 16.

14. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Moezer-yours must have ridden across the ocean with mine on the Cetus Leader. Probably will share a train for a while too. :) can't wait for it to get here!

15. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Should be on the way soon. I'm sure its been a long boring ride for our cars.

16. Caber

Caber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No dealers in central NY had a c two blue streak metallic in stock or on their allocations lists. Put a (refundable) deposit down with a local dealer but he could not give me any timeframe (weeks to months) before I would see one matching my criteria.

I went to autotraders.com and searched for all 2012 c within 300 mile radius and it found 4-5 matching my criteria in PA, MA, VT, VA. Checked each of their web sites and they reported one in their inventory (tho these are not always regularly updated). I called the four dealers the next day, 3 of them sold the car within the last 2 days. The fourth still had it. I put a deposit down over phone and will be picking it up later this week. Have a 5 hour drive to go get it but a lot better than waiting months. Dealer was very friendly and even agreed to send me some pics of the exterior and interior so I could confirm was exactly model and color I thought I wanted. :)

Be resourceful and you might find the one you want. One of the dealers said they can "trade" a car on their allocation with another dealer, so this is perhaps another approach to take.

17. nekha123

nekha123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Five
    The general waiting time is about 2 to 6 weeks. But this is in the case when your dealer able to find the right color with other specs you ordered. If your dealer is not able to find the car as per your spec, you'll have to wait for a looonnngggg time :)

18. Neilb9

Neilb9 Million Mile Driver

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ordered 3/31 - took delivery today 5/8... Hot damn.

Kindle Fire ? 2

19. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wow - I ordered 02/17 - picked car up 04/30. You got your's a lot faster than I did.

Got any pics yet?

20. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats!! :cool: