1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When will the current Prius get Entune?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jay85, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Minion

Minion New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It actually is possible to get an adapter to upgrade an iPod Touch into an iPhone! :D

2. SPlautz

SPlautz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have we determined if the head unit can simply be replaced with a newer 2012 Entune one yet? I'd upgrade mine right away if so.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. allenhuffman

allenhuffman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a Toyota tech I always end up talking to every time I find a bug or problem in the Prius nav. I asked him about upgrading my 2010, and he said "The generation 5 navigation system in your Prius was last used in the 2009 model year Prius and it has different connections/wirings compared with the 2012 Prius navigation system."

That said, I would like to see some tech docs on my current system and the new one and see what they look like. A conversion kit would be nice, if it still physically would fit.

(I previously got escalated to this Toyota tech when I was complaining about Bluetooth issues in either my 2005 or 2007 model Prius. They had the unit swapped out, which didn't do a thing to resolve the bug. Most recently, I reported an issue in my 2010 where the Bluetooth audio pop up would never go away, obscuring the top 1/4th of the screen. They couldn't reproduce, but I finally figured out what causes it. Playing audio in normal speed makes it behave like it should, but if you use Bluetooth and play a podcast at, say, 1.5X speed, it somehow confuses the unit and the pop up stays.)

I sure hope the Entune system is less buggy. Over the past 7+ years driving three different Prius, I have found a number of minor but annoying bugs in the system. (There was even one where it would forget certain settings if you went through screens in a certain order. Fun!)