1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When will the Gen 4 Available for Purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by calabrsn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't they ship to the east coast? that's how my pip got here, new jersey i think.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh do they? I'm not sure. Maybe the train only goes to the midwest?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    still takes longer though, if they ship at the same time, cali got the first pips.

4. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The salesman last week wanted to know if we wanted to make a $500 deposit down so we could get one of the first ones brought in. It was no obligation to buy. He said several people do this. Although my wife likes what she has seen so far, there will be color choices, prices, and a test drive before ever considering buying one.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tempting. with no obligation, if you're in the market, why not? i will do that with the pip if possible, when it comes out, i remember too well the 14 month waiting list for my '04.

6. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Prius is mass produced vehicle, no stages.... it will probably start arriving late January at best. Toyota Europe said Q1 2016, but it is not the best seller here in Europe. We had an article earlier how Toyota is planning for "unprecedented" holidays overtime for factories producing Prius and few other new models. largest deal with unions in Japan ever , to help launch new Prius and big demand it expects.

Japanese sales are very upfront and Prius has been best selling vehicles for years... they will likely be backed up for 5-6 months in Japan once the sales start, thats what usually happens with popular cars there... they will get like 100k orders in first 30 days.

MERGED

p.s. I believe I have read that media starts their drives mid November... usually we wont hear everything about it right away due to embargo, but we might get some new real info about how it drives and feels, which is IMHO the most important.

#26 spwolf, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015