1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are safe jackpoints beside the standard places?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by abubin, Dec 27, 2021.

1. abubin

abubin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am trying to jack my car higher but my floor jack cannot jack high enough at the usual side and the middle knob near the engine.

Anyone know where else I can jack the car safely? I can put block of wood but it still have to be stable enough so that I can jack high enough to put in my jack stands.

Both front and back. Thanks.

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    Front this picture, the front point where it was jacked, looks like it's the lower arm connection point. Is that safe?

#1 abubin, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Check Amazon for "jack puck". You can stack them to gain some height with a jack to clear your stands. (I hope that is the kind of jack you are using)....

REVVL V+ 5G ?

3. abubin

abubin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    upload_2021-12-27_15-50-19.png

You mean this thing? I already have a few variation of them and all get pressed until it broke. I still use them but they are not in conditions for stacking.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How much clearance do you need? You might need to place something solid under the jack to gain some height.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. abubin

abubin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I need as much clearance as I can get from my jack stand. Yes, I will place a wood block under the jack but it still need to be jacked from somewhere safe. The side doesn't work as there is the protruding pinch weld (not sure what it's called). I have a few idea but would like to get more opinion on the safest method. Safety most important.

6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes those are the ones. They also have similar ones with grooves for the jack stands so I place them where the manual says on the pinch welds. (I think the same spots as the temporary jack for changing to the spare tire). Hmm. Haven't broken one yet but I do buy replacements once in a while. (I tend to misplace things).

REVVL V+ 5G ?

7. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The Safejacks Rennstands are probably some of the most expensive jacksands, but they will be the last ones that you'll ever buy.

best jackstands.jpg