1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are the corners of my car!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cpatch, Aug 12, 2009.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, and don't mean to offend. But I've seen people using poles attached to the front of their cars to judge where the front end is, and I just couldn't do it myself. Too retirement village looking. Might as well buy the Bermuda shorts, Straw Cabanna Hat and white tennis shoes with black socks. Something seems wrong with buying the worlds most aerodynamic, lowest drag, mass produced vehicle and then sticking "poles" on it.

Okay, sure, how "retirement village" is it when I scratch the front of my car, or park 3 feet from the curb? I don't know, but at least I'll look good doing it.

2. Tamyu

Tamyu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are different versions of the "poles" - the ones I linked to retract completely inside so that they are not at all visible and do not stick out until you want them to (via remote control) - the other type, which ManualOnly posted a picture of automatically extend from a partially retracted state when you turn the engine on. I would never put ones like that on my car as they stick out like whiskers all the time.

In Japan it is both corners, at least on all the cars I have seen with it on.

I`ve only driven cars like the Prius - where you can`t see the front at all - so it doesn`t bother me a bit. I`m very used to the length feeling. A car with a visible front end is weird and stressful to me, as it makes me feel the car is huge and sticking out more forward than it really is.

When we test drove the Prius, I had my husband stand and slowly inch forward until he stopped me with the bumper just about to touch him. It gave me a very good idea of how much space I had, and I had no trouble parking it after having put that space in my head.

But maybe I`m one of the lucky ones with a parking gene. :D