1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can i buy reliable modules?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gino Veltri, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I used to be on priuschat so often it annoyed my girlfriend. Now that you nerds have helped me fix my cars, i miss it. Anyway, im reconditioning battery packs with the equipment ive "rented" and am getting some packs in really bad shape. Im wondering where can I buy reliable modules?, instead of getting duped by the "voltage garunteed" ebay junk.

Sidenote, what do i make of a module that wont hold voltage but settles around 7.1 volts. Capacity numbers are not promising either but i like pushing these things to the absolute brink before discarding, until i find another reliable source of course.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are a few members here who sell modules that are guaranteed. Helps if you already know the capacity that you need before ordering.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    where is 80521?

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The zip code is a link... If you click on it you don't have to ask for help with that one...

5. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This dude has $30K in equipment... All the used modules I have bought from him have always been the strongest module in the rebuilt pack: https://2ndlifebattery.com/about-us/

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Any module that settles to 7.1 volts after a charge cycle needs to immediately go into the scrap pile. A good module should be able to sit for many months and still be 7.4 or better.

7. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    S
    Sadface, i knew that . I somehow just hoped there was a magic trick to restore it

8. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Many rebuilders have been know to recondition a module 4, 5, or even 6 times before they give up on it... It's usually defined by how many modules/packs you have in your shop. When you have lots of them it's easier to give up the worst ones sooner.

Also thermal camera does wonders at finding overheating cells before they test out as bad via the usual methods.

SFO likes this.
  9. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for the connect, dawg.

PriusCamper likes this.