1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can i purchase - Cargo Net Hooks?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by iprius4life, Mar 13, 2010.

1. iprius4life

iprius4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I just purchased a new Gen III 2010 prius (1st time prius owner, and loving it). My dealer threw in a cargo net for me, but there are no hooks or attachments. I asked the toyota parts center for hooks and they knew nothing about it.

Can anyone refer me to where I can purchase these hooks?

Thanks!

2. BlizzardJ

BlizzardJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If all you need are hooks for the OEM cargo net, just go get a smaller cargo net like one for a motorcycle and plunder the hooks off of it. Harbor Freight Tools have them for cheap like $3.99.

3. fo0bar

fo0bar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The net and mounting kit are sold together. So unless you find generic hooks as BlizzardJ mentioned, you'll have to buy the entire kit. Be warned that since they didn't come pre-installed, you'll need to do some light drilling to mount them.

Alternatively, you could consider a horizontal cargo net. Toyota doesn't sell one officially, but I bought one designed for the Hyundai Santa Fe, and I love it.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fo0bar/578490117/"]Prius horizontal cargo net on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

The cargo loops are positioned a little differently on the 2010 Prius, but the net should work fine in it as well.

4. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Go back to the dealer where you purchased the vehicle and tell them that what they gave you was incomplete. It should have come with mounting instructions & parts (hooks). No drilling is required, only removal of two existing screws and then reinserting these screws with the hooks!

5. iprius4life

iprius4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I need to go to another dealer - the one I purchased my car from doesn't know anything about hooks or attachments. Even the parts dept. doesn't know anything about them.

Hopefully I can get these hooks so I can start using the cargo net.

6. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would go to the General Manager of the dealership and ask that this problem be resolved. After all, you just purchased a new vehicle there and especially during this sensitive time for Toyota, they should be very responsive to your needs! If necessary, they should order the latest version of the cargo net to make sure you are satisfied! I would not go to another dealer! The part #is PT347-47101

N.J.PRIUS and iprius4life like this.
  7. iprius4life

iprius4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome, thanks duff! I'll make my way over the the dealer this weekend and ask about the part. Thanks for the part number - this will be a big help.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

8. Designer in a Red Prius

Designer in a Red Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Duffasaurus is correct. The helpful comments by BlizzardJ regarding nets and hooks are the wrong kind. I think he thought you were looking form something to go with the hold-down rings. At any rate, I'm looking for these hooks too, as I have the cargo net from my previous Camry - and the're the same size, etc. My dealership will only sell me the package net/hooks for $42. I really just want to purchase the hooks. Thanks for the part #, Duff! Any idea of a source for just the hooks?
    Thanks!

9. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If that fails and they are having you order the part, order using the part number and add HK: PT347-47101HK.

When I ordered the hardware kit for my wife's Gen II cargo net (same issue - she already had the net), I used the HK and it worked. My guess is that HK = hardware kit.

N.J.PRIUS likes this.
  10. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The demensions are quite a bit different in the 2010 - What fits a Gen II will very probably NOT fit a 2010.

11. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Those dumb hooks actually are a mounting kit - and cost like $30 (really just the hooks, and a plug for those who had them installed in the wrong place).

Get the dealer to throw them in. One cheap alternative is a stainless 'J" hook for electronics (Home Depot).

I'm going to try the Harbor Freight route...

12. jbgggg

jbgggg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I took a screw out where the cargo cover latches in by the hatchback door. Went to Home Depot and found an Ibolt with the same thread pattern and length then found a washer. Went back to the car and screwed in the Ibolt with the washer and it worked great with the cargo net from my GenII. The total cost was about $2.50. Good luck!

N.J.PRIUS and Madriz10 like this.
  13. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: You CAN buy just the new cargo net hooks - Where can i purchase - Cargo Net Hooks?

JUST THE NEW HOOKS:

Actually, the new version of the official Toyota clips themselves may be available separately as explained below.

Toyota put out T-SB-0347-09 which is titled "Cargo Net Trim Panel Gap." It stated that "Installation of the accessory cargo net may cause a gap to occur between the left or right interior lower quarter panel and upper quarter panel trim. A new cargo net hook and mounting location have been developed to address this concern."

The TSB then listed "Parts Information" and said that the new part number is PT347-47100-FK and that the part is called the "Cargo Net Repair Kit."

Dealers may or may not have them in stock, but should be able to get them for you if they don't have 'em. It's arguable that Toyota should provide them free of charge to those who bought the Toyota net.

14. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Default Re: You CAN buy just the new cargo net hooks - Where can i purchase - Cargo Net Hooks?

About being able to buy just the new hooks (see post above):

One more comment on getting the right cargo net hooks for the 2010. Somewhere (I can't find the post) one member said that his dealership, having originally installed the cargo net with the original hook which caused separation problems, insisted on installing the new ones!

That might be worth the trouble, as the dealer would, I assume, fix any panel separation the originals caused.

15. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dealer's parts department is clearly incompetent.

16. nchs021

nchs021 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Just thought I would post a quick, easy, CHEAP fix, since the dealer wanted to charge me $22 for the "new" hooks...

These are actually wall hooks that I bought for $2.57 at Wal-Mart (in the picture hanging/hardware dept.), just some slight bending with a pair of needle nose pliers, and that was it! Works great, and looks almost exactly like the "new style" hooks from Toyota. And it does not interfere with the trunk cover at all!
    I posted a picture of the packaging, but I forgot to take the picture before I took the hooks out...

[Broken External Image]:http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/nchs021/IMG_1869_.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Rook

Rook New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

18. JGC61

JGC61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There is no drilling required to mount hooks the 2010 Prius.
    It's a very simple install. Remove two screws attach hook and reinstall screws.
    As mentioned they are not available seperately, you must but the net from the dealer with the Hooks.

19. Spooled

Spooled Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I just went to walmart harbor frieght and two targets, no one place had anything that would work
    i also called the dealer and the part guy was really nice I told him about the T-SB but he couldnt find it and the part number didnt work....

20. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got these at Home Depot, bent the tab and they work great, like factory, real cheap, and they swivel out of the way for cargo cover or just to get out of the way. IMG_1195.jpg View attachment 70149 IMG_1196.jpg