1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do I get: Toyota specific OBD2 with TSI

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by gkalexdc, Feb 13, 2017.

1. gkalexdc

gkalexdc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    N/A
    NEWBIE, obviously. Can someone point me in the right direction on where you purchased, and how you run these programs. I saw the TSI report from DRACO on his gen 1 HV battery rebuild sticky. (Awesome)!!!
    I need these "tools" and am super interested in Gen 1 & 2!
    I want to see codes, and also know what they mean. A tutorial on these analyzers would be fun to watch...
    So, hopefully I can get there from here.
    Thanks everyone.
    Greg Alexander DC
    Houston

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Eric, not a good link.

Greg, if you Google "techstream" you'll get lots of sources. Ebay & Amazon are both good sources. It's really a pretty economical accessory for you Prius--including a pretty pristine Windows XP laptop ($40) I have about $55 in for the whole shooting match. It will show codes which you can look up online or in the Prius factory service manual Vol 1. And it will give a detailed picture of the condition of your hybrid battery. Apparently there are versions that will work on Win 7 and on, but I kinda like the simplicity of XP and the idea that the laptop isn't internet capable.

Eric is, by the way, a great source of info and seems to be ready to provide answers. You will find others on this forum who are fonts of information, too.

George Shaheen likes this.