1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do "Speed In" and "Reverse In" connect? (2011 II, no JBL)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MrPete, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Connecting up a new HU, which has Reverse In (for backup cam) and Speed In (for dead reckoning GPS?).

I've been searching and not yet found documentation nor thread discussion here that tells me where these wires connect. I'm probably blind :)

Anyone have an idea? Thanks SO much!

Edit: Solved the Reverse In question. Speed still left...

Reverse is pin 29 of a 64-pin connector behind the kick plate near the left front door (near parking brake on LHD vehicles.)

This link describes the reverse, and also how to wire a switch to get your pick of reverse-cam-only or always-on-cam.
    This link has photos.

2. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Doing more research. A guess: reverse is pin 29 of a 64 pin connector near the driver door.

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, it is. I just installed using this yesterday. When I installed, I used a T-tap and attached a long wire. Before I routed it to the radio, I used a Voltmeter to confirm that it received 12 volts when I shift into reverse, but not Park/Neutral/Drive. Indeed it does, and the backup camera works as expected.