1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do you keep Spare Change?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by delrey, May 6, 2004.

1. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm with inventor00...my father-in-law was a photographer.. there are a ton of the little cans laying around.. I toss my quarters in one and have used a cup holder...

2. toyoprius

toyoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Don't feel bad. It was almost six months before I discovered the built-in refrigerator in the rear cargo hold!

3. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :D Yeah, that's so handy on these hot Summer days!

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Shirt-O-Matic Change Dispenser

I stuck with my SOP for my drive through the tolls of West Virginia and New York: I only wore shirts with pockets. $4 each way was more than enough...

5. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I like to keep a garbage bag in the front, for stuff that I seem to need to throw away... really miss the cigerette lighter handle to hang one on.. I've found the passenger side side pocket holds the bag...but is kind of lame.. :cry:

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I use the little cranny to store my calculator, which I use to cross check my mileage.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i use an unusual spot... the change tray in the center console.

then i have my coffee cup in the front hold in the center console and one behind that one is for my cell phone and keys.

the one in the front of the center console down below is for maps and my telephone book. the storage below the CD player is my digital tire pressure gauge, notebook for mileage notes, my ID badge for work and the keycard for the door.

the top glove box has misc memos from work, my camera (which i carry with me all the time) and my tape recorder (used to make notes during the day since i cant read my own handwriting) and a notepad for mileage notes (i can read my numbers)

the bottom glove box has my registration, insurance, owners manual, flashlight, another map and a hand pump for inflating tires. (great exercise!!)

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well I had mine in the front slot compartment in the arm rest. After the penny warning I put change in cup holder, then the little slot on the door arm rest you use to close the door. Both made too much noise. I hate that. I got a very simple change sorter at Office Depot. Funnel like top and four cylinders for pennies through quarters fits well in the arm rest compartment. Will try that for a while. Don't understand why Toyota did not include a change storage area.

9. franki@desktopsolutions.c

[email protected] Junior Member

Business card slot....for CDS!

Reading the thread above --- the 'slot for business cards' holds CDs perfectly!

I was so happy with it I took out the visor CD holder I had installed....

I believe thats what it was made for...

10. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Two things my old 1988 Dodge Shadow had that were better than my Prius: 1) a coin holder that you could stack quarters, nickels and dimes in; 2) a reasonably loud horn that you could hit by smacking the middle of the steering wheel (as I am wont to do when some @*($&@( cuts in front of me).

11. woemcats

woemcats New Member

Franki-

You must be thinking of a different slot. The "business cards" place would not hold a CD without it propping up the lid of the arm rest, and it would only hold one disc anyway.

Personally, I keep my wallet there. It slides in there exactly and fits perfectly. Because I hate sitting on my wallet I even now tend to leave it there all the time unless I go into a store or something.

12. macreative

macreative New Member

In my wallet :D :D

13. LouieNet

LouieNet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since I've had my Prius for less than a month, I haven't gotten to putting loose change in the car yet. I have half a roll of quarters in the tray of the center console. The only thing resembling toll roads around the SF Bay Area are the bridges themselves....
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(starla30\";p=\"15457)</div>
    valet cards

Louie