1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do you put your trash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by formerVWdriver, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Apr 4 2007, 08:14 AM) [snapback]417578[/snapback]</div>
    I'm with you. My car is a disaster. I've got a 7 year old grandson, who needs to be entertained by my wife when we're traveling. The car is full of debris. There are audio tapes, books on cd and books everywhere. That's not even talking about trash that needs to be tossed, or pine needles and dirt that needs to be vacuumed up.

It reminds me of the little story I read in Reader's Digest a number of decades ago.

A father driving his family on a long distance vacation was stopped by a patrolman (I don't remember why, but it didn't result in a ticket). Before the officer left, he asked the father "Do you have a litter bag?". The father looked around and said "Yes, I'm driving it."

Dave M.

2. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

:D Thank you for such good ideas! Now I'm probably going to clutter the car with a variety of trash bins/holders. I love the idea of the supersized cup in the rear seat cupholder! And the bins that velcro to the floor!

Also so many good ideas about how to best utilize all those cubbyholes. Seems like this is another case of less is more. And thanks for letting me in on the secret drawer! How many years might I have driven without even noticing?

I guess the real question is, Is it possible to change? We spend so much time in the car it becomes a closet, a library, an office and a trash can.

All you neat and organized people out there, thanks for sharing!

Now, if I could get the pine pollen to stop completely coating it in yellow.... It's even under the hood!

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    To the OP: I put trash in my trash can. I don't allow any trash gathering in my car, nor do i allow any eating lol. I am still in that "new car" phase lol.

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Apr 4 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]417941[/snapback]</div>
    Keep us posted on your progress. My car is now seaside green! :D

5. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a handy nylon trash bag that has an elastic circular opening (held in place by a metal ring sewn into the fabric) and a velcro opening at the bottom so it can be easily emptied in a trash can. The top has a thin adjustable strap for attaching it to the seat back or wherever. I ran the strap around the rear cup holder so that the bag sits upright just behind the raised cup holder. It can be easily reached from either front seat or the back seats. It's tidy and looks fine. Available at any auto parts store. The bag is about ten inches tall and four inches in diameter. You can stuff banana peels and other organic trash in it. Washable.

7. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Apr 5 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]418487[/snapback]</div>
    I have one of those! I couldn't figure out anywhere to hang it, since there's no gear shift or knob anywhere, so I thought I'd have to start over. And I didn't know it was washable! Glad I didn't throw it away -- I'll see if that works! Thanks so much.

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For trash-
    I take a plastic shopping bag and tuck the handles in the pocket behind the passenger seat so I can reach the opening. usually just kleenex or a plastic bottle. anything else i try to take out when i leave the car.

I have a 6 cd changer and a case that holds 10 which fits in the big glove box no problem!

9. mightywhitee

mightywhitee New Member

I use this fabric trash bag I picked up at an auto parts store. It has two straps that go around the posts on the headrest. Hangs off the back end of the passenger seat. Has snaps that allow a plastic bag to secure in place inside it.