1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where does this connector go????

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by msimmers, Aug 30, 2022.

1. msimmers

msimmers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    20220829_221212.jpg OK...Having a "Brain Fart" moment here. ;) I have almost finished my head gasket replacement on my 2013 Prius 4 and I have a pigtail that is confusing the crap out of me. One end looks just like a fuel injector connector and the gray end looks like nothing I have seen. I need to find out what this connector goes to and it's placement on the engine. This is literally the second to last piece of my puzzle. This is my first Prius head gasket job and has been fairly trying at times. Also cleaned entire EGR system, etc. Thank you in advance for your wisdom (y)

Attached Files:

2. msimmers

msimmers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't believe it :D Knock Sensor :whistle: I should have double checked that. Especially "before" I had the Intake back on o_O Time for sleep and, in the A.M, add the fluids and "Fire It Up" ...... I hope :unsure: Have a Great Night Everyone :sleep::sleep::sleep:

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How many miles were on it? Where did the head gasket fail, which cylinder? How was the EGR (and intake manifold) condition?

Good luck with the start-up! (y)

4. msimmers

msimmers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    182k miles. Between cyl 1 and 2 and egr was dirty but, not clogged up. Unfortunately, start up was miserable. Same loud knock and now...massive oil leak. All lines were triple checked before start up. I am figuring it is a bad crank bearing which may have led to a block crack. Oh well...Life goes on.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. ToyXW

ToyXW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Is it maybe leaking from the timing cover?