1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where has warmed by how much?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, May 5, 2014.

1. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I am waiting to receive a copy of

"Evolution of land surface air temperature trends"

From the authors, just out in Nature Climate Change. Apparently it tells where upwards trends have been large and small. Thus a bonanza for folks with selective focus on "not getting hotter here" or "holy cow, look at that!". In other words, something for everyone.

Anybody can get their own copy of this or (very nearly) any other scientific publication. This journal NCC is tight about their paywall, but authors (in my experience) stay at their computers all night in PJs waiting for someone to ask for a free copy. So PCer ought not moan about publishers' paywalls.

If you want to know what is revealed by current research, read it. If it seems wrong, email the authors. Most of them will respond to civil emails. If that is too much trouble for y'all, affinity websites will provide simplified interpretations according to their view of reality. I include Wall Street Journal and Forbes of course, and many others as well.

Wish I could tell you just one website that explains climate science in a neutral way. The ones I have in mind are already pooped on by skeptics - so those sites must be bad, right?