1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where, How To Adjust Std. Headlights on 05 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kenkneeb, Jan 27, 2006.

1. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

I don't know whether technically it's covered, but if they came 'that way' out of alignment, then I AIN'T PAYING TO PUT IT THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! And neither should anyone else but Toyota!

Ken

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    headlight readjustment because of misalignment at delivery is covered under warranty.

3. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

SUCCESS!!!! And none too soon, as I was flashed (no, not that kind) no fewer than 4 times tonight. Let's see I've driven for over 35 years and literally NEVER been flashed once. I buy a Prius and it happened DAILY, er uh, NIGHTLY!

THANK YOU FRANK. Those lights were W A Y O U T OF Non-Blinding ALIGNMENT. Oddly enough I used a 5/16 socket (1/4"driver w/360 swivel) to do most of the turning of the hex head bolt which is part of the Star Nut Assy. I also gripped the passenger side Star Nut Assy with my mighty fingers and adjusted the headlight. I wasn't able to do that on the driver's side.

I took the rig out for a 'headlight test run' and stopped several times to readjust the light pattern to eliminate BLINDING PEOPLE with the previously UPWARD pointing, way out of alignment, headlamps.

If you have the inclination, ADJUST YOUR OWN!!!

Love and Light (but not too much especially where you don't want it!)

KennYOregon

Attached Files: