1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where/How to run an iPhone charging cable?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PixelRogue, Jan 23, 2015.

1. PixelRogue

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any tips...

I keep the iPhone on a vent mount located directly above the radio power switch. Wire conveniently plugs into an adapter in the cigarette lighter located in the space below the shifter.

Adapter and adapter location are fine (not noticeable, out of the way) but want to hide the majority of the charging cable.

Can run the cable under the controls, but not seeing a place near the vent for the wire exit.

Curious if I could just have the wire exit through the vent itself without any negative impacts to the related air systems? Anyone know of a space or cavity near the vent that would accommodate a lightning cable wire?

Another option I'd consider would be drilling a hole neatly by a seem for the wire exit. Obvious reasons the preference would be to avoid drilling, but would consider for a clean and professional solution.